Disconnecting from the violinist

Started by Darren Dirt, September 23, 2014, 08:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

imo the near-zero risk of my personal data being exploited etc. is worth the regular discovery of intelligent discussion and information sharing such as this simple explanation of inflation... ( as per the norm on Quora, free of conspiracy theories and left vs right blaming/BS.
http://www.quora.com/Why-does-inflation-exist-When-it-is-said-that-the-government-prints-too-much-money-what-does-it-mean/answer/Dave-Hines

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

I honestly don't think most internet commenting is worth getting worked up over, and comments from random internet people with no background isn't going to help win me over :P
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Except, in this case, reading the comments is quite hilarious + interesting (hilariteresting?)

Not everything is hostile / toxic, but I get where you're coming from
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Its easier for me to just ignore easy to ignore stuff ;) Even if it isnt toxic, I could spend the time better.

Mr. Analog

Good!

I think a lot of people are learning that lesson lately (that was a lot of "L"s)

Some people find it amazing that flamewars/trolling has become so prevalent that marketing agencies actually use it as an advertising tactic (i.e. Emma Watson v 4Chan) and yet here we are
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I learned that a while back when I found myself getting too worked up over dumb forum arguments. Noone is going to actually be convinced (except me, I try to actually accept truth when I see it), so its incredibly pointless. And places with comments like youtube's is even more pointless.

Thorin

Hmm, I managed to sign up for Quora by clicking the "Sign up with Email" link and then using a mailinator address.  HA HA HA.  At that point, you might as well just let people read the site without logging in.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Ah, I saw no such link. Didn't look very hard, but still didn't want to sign up ;)