Fragapalooza 2015

Started by Mr. Analog, May 01, 2015, 11:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

It's Fraga-Eve

I'M READY
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Tom

I won't be able to make it :( I have some things to do, and im tired :o so tired.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Well if you change your mind I got a seat for you

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Premium Butt Seat... and stuff is happening this weekend you don't want to miss!

Mr. Analog

Hell bring your Wii U and an LCD hella fun

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Well it's over and I'm a bit sad to see it end.  Was a great FP this year with lots of new faces and some alumni returns.  We had a packed house and I think we had a good blend of tournaments, fun prizes and social interactions.  I hope everyone had a big old good time and we missed those whom couldn't make it.

Tom

Kinda wish i could have gone, but i needed to RELAX after the "holiday". Not to mention dealing with hw failures and crap.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

I hear someone won a monitor?  Someone I know?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

This year was fantastic, so many people, so many games. A lot of variety and activities, though I think the staff / volunteers were spread a bit thin because of it.

Yeah! I won a monitor right near the end of the prize draws woo!

I think my top game this year was Rocket League, it's a hell of a fun game, played about 6 hours total. I managed to get in some Minecraft as well although there wasn't one big server for everyone this year, it was hard to co-ordinate without a forum. I also played some single player stuff like We Happy Few, The Long Dark and GTA V (100% grinding woo yeah)

The other thing that was fun for me was streaming and getting a channel up, I just wish I had set my OBS settings up prior to the event as the first few streams were really bad.

Having the food trucks come was brilliant, good eats and great prices. Dairy Queen was good too, makes me wish there was one downtown

The sponsors this year were also very good and again the network & power were great (though for some reason GTA Online was not accessible).

I'm looking forward to next year and I'll be buying my tickets here soon, if nobody wants the additional seat I'm going to bring my Wii-U next year I think :)

Anyway, I'll probably tweet / FB my thanks but the whole team did an excellent job with the event this year, I hope next year is as good!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Sounds like a blast.  Any idea how many people there were altogether?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Almost 300 including staff, sponsors and volunteers.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on August 11, 2015, 05:52:47 PM
Almost 300 including staff, sponsors and volunteers.

It was FULL this year, I can't imagine how many more we could even have in that venue lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

If we rent the other side of the East wall of the soccer pitch we can do another 300.