eye contact -- they say it presents a feeling of confidence

Started by Darren Dirt, May 12, 2015, 07:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

...or is more like a feeling of stalkidence?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gxrwF7cm8s

I laughed out loud -- truly out loud -- at this short College Humor video more than most anything else I have viewed during the last few months at least. And not sure why. #shouldIbeWorried

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

I thought that was funny when I saw it a while ago :D though theres a big difference between eye contact and staring.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 13, 2015, 03:38:51 AM
I thought that was funny when I saw it a while ago :D though theres a big difference between eye contact and staring.

...what do you mean?

hahaha, god that show was so good (My Name is Earl)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yes, My Name Is Earl was hilarious.  I should see if I can track it down.  You know, on the internets.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

That actor is in another show I watch, Grimm.  Love it too.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on May 13, 2015, 09:50:50 AM
Yes, My Name Is Earl was hilarious.  I should see if I can track it down.  You know, on the internets.

4 seasons on Netflix.

And if you haven't already seen it (same creator so a similar sense of humor) check out Raising Hope -- 4 seasons on Netflix.

Thorin

Yup, I've seen Raising Hope.  I catch it occasionally on TV late at night when I should be sleeping.

And I'm not on Netflix.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on May 14, 2015, 11:49:11 AM
And I'm not on Netflix.
That surprises me. Especially since they added separate users (so adults don't have to deal with netflix learning their kids preferences over theirs).

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 14, 2015, 12:56:03 PM
Quote from: Thorin on May 14, 2015, 11:49:11 AM
And I'm not on Netflix.
That surprises me. Especially since they added separate users (so adults don't have to deal with netflix learning their kids preferences over theirs).

I'm also surprised, Netflix even in Canada is pretty good these days
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I'm cheap.  And with only a few cable channels and a limited supply of movies to watch, my kids will get bored with the same old shows they've already watched and end up outside or playing board games or something.

Okay, maybe I'm not cheap, maybe I'm sneaky.

Except now they just turn to youtube :(
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on May 14, 2015, 02:22:22 PM
Yeah, I'm cheap.  And with only a few cable channels and a limited supply of movies to watch, my kids will get bored with the same old shows they've already watched and end up outside or playing board games or something.

Even with Netflix, youtube makes for one of the largest uses of my monthly bandwidth (as reported by my router).

Darren Dirt

...and a limited supply of movies to watch, my kids will get bored with the same old shows they've already watched and end up outside or playing board games or something.

That's why I'm not getting cable. In the hopes of creating boredom and thus more real human social interaction (going outside, playing board games, etc.)

DAMMIT. SAME!

Tom

Maybe just QoS youtube down to 240p ;D they can watch it, but it'd be ass! ;)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 14, 2015, 04:39:49 PM
That's why I'm not getting cable. In the hopes of creating boredom and thus more real human social interaction (going outside, playing board games, etc.)

Ahahaha :D

I've found creating boredom usually just opens the door to easily accessible boredom destroyers, like Netflix or a big movie collection. Sometimes brain just needs some fun time (or at least a balance from all the analytical thinking we shove past it during the week), where that entertainment comes from is up to us mostly.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Well it did work for me for a couple of years. Yeah, they still went to screens at times but the patterns became more regular and if they'd already seen the show four times there was actually a good chance they'd start chatting instead of shushing each other.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful