Main Menu

Sleepy as Hell

Started by Mr. Analog, June 11, 2015, 03:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Man, Thorin, that really sucks :(

Reading what you have on your mind makes ME mad, it's @%&# like that that is unnecessary and can really create rifts between people (for years) and for what? Ugh, it hurts my heart to think about it. If you ever want to chat give me a call

My sleep is all over the place again, on Friday we had multiple power failures, the worst was at about 3 AM or so when the fire alarm went off. Our alarms have sound AND extremely bright flashing lights, I was sort of half asleep at that point, not what I needed.

On Saturday I had to go out to do some shopping, when I came home though I put on some Breaking Bad and opened a bottle of wine... I was in and out of sleep for hours, I finally shut the TV off around 4 AM and went to bed, but I woke up at 7 or so. Today I've been a zombie.

This week is gonna be rough I think
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

T-bone, that sucks but reality is he is an adult and is gonna make his mistakes. Hope you don't take on more than your legit burden with this sitch, I am sure u are a bit heart broken but his terrible choices for action and/or communication are just that: his. Not a reflection of you or your parenting (if either of those are partly what is stressing you out here).

Kids don't know how good they got it, nor how smart and giving and ever-loving their parents are... until they turn 25 or 30 or so. (Insert Mark Twain quote)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Tom: sometimes I wonder if you're just on a 25 hour day and that's why you slowly get out of sync with the rest of the world...

Mr. Analog: that sucks to hear your sleep is messed up like that. Going to bed at 4am and waking up at 7am? Ugh. I've had to do that before and it sucks, not something I'd do by choice, though. At least you are still able to get your shopping done.

Darren: turns out you were the one late at night posting instead of Tom :) And yeah, I know I can't make his decisions for him and that he needs to make his mistakes. But it still keeps me up at night tossing and turning because I can't stop thinking about how he treats his immediate family. He's made it very clear through his actions over the last couple of months that he'd rather spend time anywhere else than with his parents, sisters, or brother. And that's hurt all of us.

Anyway, the general topic of this thread is lack of sleep and what's stopping us from attaining proper rest. Maybe in a couple of weeks we'll have a thread about how great our sleeps were for the past couple of nights.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on June 15, 2015, 07:48:44 AM
Tom: sometimes I wonder if you're just on a 25 hour day and that's why you slowly get out of sync with the rest of the world...
Sometimes I wonder that too. But I imagine anxiety has a lot to do with it. Often i just can't calm down enough to fall asleep.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

...how he treats his immediate family. He's made it very clear through his actions over the last couple of months that he'd rather spend time anywhere else than with his parents, sisters, or brother. And that's hurt all of us.

Yeah well that's the point, he's a teenager who maybe is finally acting like one... Some of us got a late start on our "treat everyone who's there for us like @%&# now that we've experiencing an all-day infatuation-on..." I mean I was 18 and 19 when I totally turned my back on everyone for a chick. Didn't even give 2 thoughts about my friends or brother or aunts (who were both very much there for me as and right after my mom died), I just dropped off the radar and looking back I didn't even weigh the pros/cons, I just dove headlong. So it's sad, frustrating, heartbreaking... but not surprising, sorry man.

PS: https://www.reddit.com/r/quotes/comments/305e15/when_i_was_a_boy_of_14_my_father_was_so_ignorant/ *
"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.
But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
^ adjust numbers as appropriate for your sitch. ;)  :(

*Perhaps in a year or five, he'll be posting in that reddit too. (e.g. NeverWantedABlonde: `Sent to my dad. Can confirm I cried.` )

( ignoring, of course, that the words did not come from Mr. Clemens in reality ... but hey it's still a great quote with some deep universal truth to it! -- oops, did not realize until today it was a falsely attributed quote; I guess this Twain quote applies ;) doh! )

Anyway, the general topic of this thread is lack of sleep and what's stopping us from attaining proper rest. Maybe in a couple of weeks we'll have a thread about how great our sleeps were for the past couple of nights.
Hey I fell asleep on my phone so it was dead this morning so I slept through my alarm and woke up at 8:35am naturally ... so does that count? Musta been a "great sleep" cuz first time in maybe 2 weeks that I didn't naturally wake up 7ish or earlier!  :P

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Ugh, another late night.

I did accomplish one thing this evening - my younger son has been getting Pokemon cards for a couple of years note but had no idea how to play. So this evening we learned together how to play Pokemon. It helps that it's similar to MtG.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and make a starter deck for him where the cards kinda work together. Tonight it was all random, and we started with only fifteen cards and one Pokemon, then went to three, then went to five. We still have to learn the prize cards and how to evolve Pokemons.

And yes, he has a Pikachu.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

I'm up. Woo.

So I'm pretty sure my "tiredness" is directly related to my blood pressure. When my dystolic goes down to the low 60s I end up fighting to stay conscious... Today I slept good. 7.5 hours or so. Felt decent after I got up. Then started getting foggy around 11am. I figured some exercise could help but it just made it worse. Went for a 90min nap, felt a bit better but not a ton. Ended up fighting the tired all night and now I'm still up cause I seem to wake up after midnight especially if I'm laying down. Go figure.

Hopefully I'll fall asleep soon...

Mr. Analog

Sleepy today holy cow

and I just had CFL

we need an office couch
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm out camping and having a great time of it, but I am still a little jealous that you got CFL...

Where would you put the couch?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Since noone shows up, just replace a couple desks if there isnt room along some wall somewhere.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on July 23, 2015, 09:59:15 AM
I'm out camping and having a great time of it, but I am still a little jealous that you got CFL...

Where would you put the couch?

At my desk obviously! haha

Quote from: Tom on July 23, 2015, 10:08:32 AM
Since noone shows up, just replace a couple desks if there isnt room along some wall somewhere.

Well at least two co-workers are there in the afternoon so it would get awkward
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

If there is at least one actual closed office, it could be converted into a silent/quite space!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 23, 2015, 10:39:58 AM
If there is at least one actual closed office, it could be converted into a silent/quite space!

That would be nice but we don't have the room unfortunately
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom