Where are Wii

Started by Lazybones, November 20, 2006, 08:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 21, 2006, 01:57:34 PM
And re. the size, when you see how the Wiimote looks in photos next to the console itself, wow -- I was trying to tell my son, best way to describe the box is "imagine the Gamecube a little wider, and a little longer, and above 1/3 the thickness. Or basically 3-4 DVD cases piled on top of each other." Pretty accurate? ;D

Yes, pretty close.  It's 1" longer than a DVD case, 3/4" wider, and as thick as three DVD cases, no more.  The stand adds about 2" to the height, if you use it.  The power brick is a little shorter, about half the width, and a little thicker than the Wii.  The sensor bar is maybe a little longer than the Wii, 1/4" thick or so.

Quote from: Lazybones on November 21, 2006, 01:07:48 PM
Now the hunt is on for a second WiiMote and Nunchuck.

My Wii won't be played for another 27 days, 14 hours (I figure the kids'll be up Christmas Day by 6am).  If you promise to be careful, I'd be happy to lend you my Wiimote and Nunchuk for a couple of weeks.  Just have to get it back before Christmas Eve :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Wii Motes reported at Clarview Futureshop.

Also apparently EB Clarview did get some earlier today but sold out right away.

Lazybones

Ok there where only four WiiMotes ($44.99 each plus tax) and no Nunchucks when I got to FS.. so I just grabbed all four.. I assume some of you want one, I personally only wanted one, so I have three up for grabs... I will bring them to work tomorrow if anyone wants to purchase them off me.

Also SuperStore Clareview has a pile of the Nintendo WiFi dongles.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

$44.99 + $2.70 tax...  I'll give you $50 for one as soon as payday comes around, that way we can play Monster 4x4 in two-player mode.  Too bad there weren't any Nunchuks, though. :(
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on November 28, 2006, 10:19:48 AM
$44.99 + $2.70 tax...  I'll give you $50 for one as soon as payday comes around, that way we can play Monster 4x4 in two-player mode.  Too bad there weren't any Nunchuks, though. :(

Better than only finding Nunchuks.. At least with the WiiMotes you can play all of the WiiSports but Boxing.

Shayne

What games are you guys looking at getting beyond Zelda in the next few months?

Lazybones

I have MonkeyBall and Rayman already.

Looking at getting Supersmash bros and Mario when released. Other than that no plans.

Tonnica

I'm looking to get Monkeyball next. Then Trauma Centre: Second Opinion, Metal Slug Anthology, Fire Embelem, and Super Mario Galaxy.

I'm also thinking of renting a couple games to see how they play like Sonic Secret Rings, SD Gundam G Breaker, Blazing Angels, Wii Music, and Cooking Mama: Cook Off. As they're released, that is.

Mr. Analog

Well, I'm looking forward to a lot of games, most of which have been mentioned already. There's a pretty good linup of games coming.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I've got Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz and Monster 4x4 World Circuit.  No Zelda for me.  I want to get Golden Axe and SimCity for the Virtual Console, and I could see getting one or more of Wii Play, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, SSX, and The Barnyard, as these all sound like fun games for kids.  I could see getting Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII and/or Prince of Persia for myself - these will likely be T-rated, so not for the kids.  I'm such a mean dad.  I wonder what the controls will be like to fly a WWII fighter plane...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

TRU on 97st has many wii motes and most of the current games in stock accept trauma centre. No nunchuks.

Just an update for those looking for Zelda and more Wiimote's

CowGirl

The St Albert Wal-Mart has tons of Wii Motes in stock as well as tons of games.  No nunchuks though.  What is everyone still looking for?
i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Lazybones

Quote from: CowGirl on December 07, 2006, 02:09:13 PM
The St Albert Wal-Mart has tons of Wii Motes in stock as well as tons of games.  No nunchuks though.  What is everyone still looking for?

Well I am good for now, I have the console 3 games and two complete wiimote / nunchuk sets. I was just at TRU and wasn't sure if everyone else had enough Wii motes or where still looking for games.

Melbosa

I have 2 people still looking for Wii consoles themselves, so if anyone spots 'em let me know.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!