Main Menu

NERF WAR

Started by Mr. Analog, July 09, 2008, 10:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Awesome, epic video... "Rouge vs. Bleu" in a way... But I object to one unrealistic aspect.

The I.T. guys are wearing TIES, not T-shirts ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Okay, this smacks of being a NERF viral ad.

The N-STRIKE RECON CS-6 assault weapon shoots farther if you take the stock and barrel off.
The DART TAG CROSSFIRE handgun is pretty wimpy, too.
The N-STRIKE LONGSHOT CS-6 sniper rifle?  Why no mods?
The N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25 machine gun?  It's not for sale until the fall.
At 2:04, a woman is seen dual-wielding two N-STRIKE MAVERICKs and they try to make it look like she's popping off rounds like crazy.  Turns out the Maverick works better if you only have one in your hand and you re-cock it quickly, because then you can put six rounds on the enemy almost as fast as you can put two when dual-wielding.

I noticed it's all the new weapons.  You don't see any of the old cool ones that you can buy on eBay in sets of 20 or 30.  I wouldn't use most of those weapons in a battle like this if I had a choice.  You want a gun that's quick to shoot (meaning lining up the dart with the firing mechanism) and that shoots a long distance accurately.  Of the guns they use in this video, I think only the Maverick really works well.  I might consider the DART TAG gun, but I don't know how well it shoots.

And last but not least, the IT guys would be way better at this, having played enough Counter Strike, TF2, et al, to understand camping, fields of fire, and tactics.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on July 10, 2008, 01:57:28 PM
And last but not least, the IT guys would be way better at this, having played enough Counter Strike, TF2, et al, to understand camping, fields of fire, and tactics.

+1!

Also, the choregraphy is just *too* amazing to be a handful of amateur film-makers. It's megacorp-sponsored and well-produced to be spread around the tubes of the interweb, for sure...

Mr. Analog

Well, I'm sure this is a viral but it's a fun viral :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt