Super Street Fighter IV

Started by Mr. Analog, April 28, 2010, 10:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

If you're a Street Fighter fan and you missed SFIV skip it and go directly to SSFIV, if you are a SFIV die-hard you gotta get this game. Not a fighting fan? You'll be bored, especially if you don't like playing online.

Pros:

• Complete Re-balancing of all the SFIV characters, much better all around
  • Control system is much simpler, moves I had trouble with in SFIV are much easier, now I gotta work on "stratergy"
  • New game modes that are actually fun (and more coming thru DLC)
  • New Characters aren't pushovers like last time, expect to be challenged in new ways
  • Online mode is a bit better
  • Much easier to earn rewards (tiles/icons/etc)

Cons

• TOO MANY ACHIEVEMENTS, if you win them all you clearly live in a basement with nothing else to do
  • Load times are so bloody slow (mind you I've been playing SFIV on a PC with an SSD so I'm spoiled)
  • Overly eye-wrenching in analog, and I'm not going to buy a new TV just for Street Fighter (also for movies and sports...)
  • New Ultra Combos are pretty weak in concept and ability
  • Matchmaking system is still fairly weak
  • AI is retarded... still, I cleared the game on Arcade (medium difficulty) twice already

Overall if you like Street Fighter, you'll like this game. It really takes it to the next level and fits well into any seasoned gamers hands. If you are new to the world of SF you are going to get you ass handed to you in online mode.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to put ice on my thumbs...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

8 minute review: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-super-street/64871

zomg! "Design=8.8 Gameplay=9.7 Presentation=9.7 , Overall=9.3" wow, hey Mikey he likes it!

One comment above said "New characters, ultras, and engine tweaks for every character make this game almost a completely new experience." so there ya go.

Glad I'm not a fighting game fan, sounds like they took seriously any complaints from SFIV and also added enough characters and other content to make it worth a purchase.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Agreed.

I now see why this is not DLC, though this is the game that would have knocked our socks off last year.

Ah well, for the added perfection I am glad (and hey the reduced price tag was appreciated).
By Grabthar's Hammer