Main Menu

Motorcity

Started by Mr. Analog, June 28, 2012, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

If you like kick ass cartoons that break the mold a bit DisneyXD has a new show called "Motorcity" you gotta check out

Directed by Chris Prynoski of Megas XLR and The Amazing Screw-On Head (and many, MANY others) Motorcity is set in a future where a decaying Detroit has been buried under an antiseptic and tightly controlled futuristic city by a ruthless industrialist, of course anyone who doesn't conform to the tightly controlled society above can find refuge in the ruins below. That's where we find our heroes, a ragtag group of wise cracking roadsters out to defend Motorcity and its people from being destroyed by the insidious Kane and his army of goons.

They aren't alone down there of course, there are a band of ninja-elves with mutated war reindeer, grifters, gamblers and of course the forever off balanced Duke of Detroit (he has a collection of strecth limos, which form into a mecha, that has a gun, that shoots limos... yeah)

It's a bit Escape from New York, it's a bit Matrix, it's a bit Penny-Arcade but it's ALL fun.

Animated with ToonBoom but much less stiff looking than most shows, and of course great character design and backgrounds!

Check it out, tonight, zombies!: http://youtu.be/3ZV6DWtjAx8
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

up until "ninja-elves with mutated war reindeer" you pretty much summarized every action movie of the late 1970s to the mid 1980s that took place "in a future not far from today..."

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 28, 2012, 03:51:49 PM
up until "ninja-elves with mutated war reindeer" you pretty much summarized every action movie of the late 1970s to the mid 1980s that took place "in a future not far from today..."

Well, okay they're more like the punks from Mad Max, but they started as pacifist farmers...

But yeah! It's like gritty 80s sci-fi... for kids!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 28, 2012, 03:53:46 PM
Well, okay they're more like the punks from Mad Max, but they started as pacifist farmers...

Yeah so you admit it's a pretty obvious "reinventing" (rehashing!) of the formula that worked, you remember the type, where the soft-spoken hero who eventually accepts and then embraces his liberating role is played by either Ahnold or Kurt Russell or possibly some Canadian TV actor guy who never really hit it big (the C Thomas Howell, Chris Makepeace type of guy). Or, of course, Se?or Lamas.

btw is that "zombie" trailer voice guy Pablo Francisco? (or the guy that Pablo is imitating so bang-on...)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Well yeah, exactly, it's a kind of an action movie homage per episode!

...and I'm all out of gum...  8)

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 28, 2012, 03:56:07 PMbtw is that "zombie" trailer voice guy Pablo Francisco? (or the guy that Pablo is imitating so bang-on...)

I think he's a soundalike, I'll try to find out!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Didn't think you'd be a DisneyXD watcher :P

I haven't seen this show yet, but it sounds and looks cool!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 28, 2012, 03:56:07 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 28, 2012, 03:53:46 PM

Yeah so you admit it's a pretty obvious "reinventing" (rehashing!) of the formula that worked, you remember the type, where the soft-spoken hero who eventually accepts and then embraces his liberating role is played by either Ahnold or Kurt Russell or possibly some Canadian TV actor guy who never really hit it big (the C Thomas Howell, Chris Makepeace type of guy). Or, of course, Se?or Lamas.

btw is that "zombie" trailer voice guy Pablo Francisco? (or the guy that Pablo is imitating so bang-on...)
I'd watch little tortilla boy. I don't know how many times I've seen that set, but I love it every time. /they knew too much/. /GET DOWN/.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 28, 2012, 04:35:07 PM
Didn't think you'd be a DisneyXD watcher :P

I haven't seen this show yet, but it sounds and looks cool!

Well, I wasn't, but I found out about it through their art blog a while back and have been hooked ever since episode 3. Since tonight's episode sounds extra awesome I thought I'd share... :)
By Grabthar's Hammer