Main Menu

Death Note (anime)

Started by Lazybones, July 25, 2012, 10:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Looking for something new to watch that didn't have hundreds of episodes to catch up on I found my self watching death note.

I am about half way through it (only about 35 ep total in the series) and really enjoy it.

The themes are very dark however the character development is rather good. It is really a cat and mouse story with lots of detail.

If you don't like lots of dialog I would not recommend it, the story revolves around a lot of mind games between the main characters so you really need to keep up.

Mr. Analog

That's a good pick for sure, also check out Fullmetal Alchemist and Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal (if you haven't already)

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 25, 2012, 10:52:41 AM
That's a good pick for sure, also check out Fullmetal Alchemist and Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal (if you haven't already)

:)
I was watching Rurouni Kenshin, from start to finish, but it got very /samey/ after a while. I can't remember exactly where I stopped. I'm sure it was after the first series.

That said, anidb tells me I may have not seen that one (at least I can't remember seeing it based on the synopsis). I should grab it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Check out the latest OAV, way better IMO
By Grabthar's Hammer