MINECRAFT Hardcore Challenge!

Started by Mr. Analog, December 19, 2012, 10:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Thorin and I were talking about this yesterday but we'll be setting up a server and a new map in Hardcore Mode.

Communication will be over Skype or Vent, I'm also thinking of recording our adventures using Fraps

So, who's interested in playing some hardcore Minecraft
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 19, 2012, 10:07:39 AM
Thorin and I were talking about this yesterday but we'll be setting up a server and a new map in Hardcore Mode.

Communication will be over Skype or Vent, I'm also thinking of recording our adventures using Fraps

So, who's interested in playing some hardcore Minecraft

I am starting to thing something like that might be what I need to get back into the game...

I kind of ignore the food meter because starving while building doesn't do much harm etc.

Mr. Analog

I suggested going Ironman but Thorin thinks that'd be too tough haha.

I'm the same with food, usually a farm is the last thing I set up, I think it would be fun to see what kind of wacky adventures we could have in a riskier environment.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 19, 2012, 10:14:24 AM

I'm the same with food, usually a farm is the last thing I set up, I think it would be fun to see what kind of wacky adventures we could have in a riskier environment.

QuoteHostile mobs spawn. Enemies deal greater damage than on normal difficulty. The Food Bar can deplete and will slowly kill the player if it drains completely. Creepers will not cancel their attack unless a large distance is between them and the player, making the explosion much harder to avoid. Zombies break through wooden doors.

Would have a real reason to build better doors, that is for sure.

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 19, 2012, 10:14:24 AM

Hah, good thing I hit preview, I just had a big post typed up about how it would suck to die and be banned from the server...

I'd love to do this, especially if it's in a group.  That way we can have some lumberjacks, some farmers, some miners, and some guards all working together.  I did a LAN world with a couple of my kids a few weeks ago and it was hella fun being able to divvy up the jobs.  After about six hours we had an island with a nice house, wheat growing all around, sugar cane growing, and an underground menagerie full of chickens, cows, and pigs.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Oh, and if you really want to make it difficult, we could agree to all turn off whatever mods we have (Rei's Minimap, Zombe's Mod Pack, etc).  Go old school without the minimaps and quick-switch-to-weapon and stuff like that.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah, no mods!

I still think Ironman would be fun, I don't want to compete with Tom's server, I want to set it up like a challenge, just to see how long we can last.

:D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So who's available when?  For me:

Fri Dec 21: 6pm onwards
Sat Dec 22: all day
Sun Dec 23: until 6pm
Mon Dec 24: no
Tue Dec 25: no
Wed Dec 26: not sure
Thu Dec 27: all day
Fri Dec 28: all day
Sat Dec 29: all day
Sun Dec 30: all day
Mon Dec 31: until 3pm
Tue Jan 1: until 6pm

I won't be able to play all of those days, those are just the days I could play on.  We should probably only play when most of us can be on at the same time.  Oh, and so who all is interested in joining this experiment?

So far I think it's:

Mr. Analog
Thorin
Lazybones (maybe)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

IT will be time dependent, but I think I can get the OK for one of those times.

Mr. Analog

Let me know and I'll clear some time :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Let us know as soon as you know what your available times are, Lazy.

I assume Tom will be able to join us, and I'm hoping Melbosa can find the time, too.  I'll probably be able to get one, two, or even three of my kids to join in as well.  I could start my own Minecraft clan :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

I can probably make time. :) But I've been feeling like crap lately (this is what I get for going to a dr that won't do refills over the phone >:( )
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

All righty, the current brave souls who want to give this a shot are:

-Me
-Thorin
-Lazybones
-Tom

Lazy, let me know what date works for you in relation to Thorin's free time.

I'll set up a server this weekend to get a feel for it and work out any connectivity kinks.

Then I'll set up a new map.

I really am thinking of Difficulty Hard AND Hardcore Mode

I want this to be a one-shot challenge, see if we can do it.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I would like to join, but I cannot commit till after Jan 7th when back in town.  I suspect this will be over with by then.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

If it goes well we can do it again for sure !
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

31st is looking like an option to me... however need to confirm...

Mr. Analog

Well with FTB running (which came as a shock really?) I'm not sure what people want to do now
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 28, 2012, 02:38:53 PM
Well with FTB running (which came as a shock really?) I'm not sure what people want to do now

That is a good point

Mr. Analog

Whoa, my eyes are actually blurry from FTB today hah

Hey sorry I wasn't more talkative I tend to go into building stuff mode and get all "ignore-y"
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm working hard setting up the fireworks display.  I really really hope I have someone to record it.  I also helped my spouse start the addiction :)

The hardcore challenge would be cool to participate in, but I can see that a bunch of people have picked up on FTB, and frankly if that's got them more interested then oh well.  We can always do the hardcore challenge some other time.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I hear ya!!

In fact I'm up early because there's a ton of stuff I want build in FTB already

Augh!!
By Grabthar's Hammer