Deathstar vs X-Wing Squad on Kickstarter

Started by Melbosa, February 11, 2013, 08:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Melbosa on February 11, 2013, 08:59:22 AM
Deathstar: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/461687407/kickstarter-open-source-death-star
X-Wing Squadron: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/simonkwan/crowdfunding-rebel-alliance-x-wing-squadron?ref=category

The FAQ can be just as funny as the actual Kickstarter.

without checking the KS links above, can you guys match up the project with the owner?
Quote from: http://www.lgcldesigns.com/about-us/Together, we want to create and bring innovative and logical products to the world - solving problems and making life a little easier.

Quote from: http://www.gnut.co.uk/about.php
To play the maze go here
To play Ninja v Pirates here

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

WTH.... out of left field post or am I just lost for a Monday?

Thorin

I think it went like so:

Darren checked both your links.
Darren found links there that led to other sites.
<bllllrrrlr-zzz-bleeppp!>
Darren posted new links thinking that we could read his mind.

If he'd explained that lgcldesigns.com and gnut.co.uk were two urls pointing to further joke kickstarter material, one for the death star and the other for the x-wing fighters, then maybe it would've made sense to you...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on February 11, 2013, 11:03:58 AM
If he'd explained that lgcldesigns.com and gnut.co.uk were two urls pointing to further joke kickstarter material, one for the death star and the other for the x-wing fighters, then maybe it would've made sense to you...

Yeah, but then you would probably click each of the KS links again, see one of them has a photo of a couple of guys behind one of the companies (i.e. owner of one of the projects) then the guessing game is less fun ;)

So I quoted from their websites instead. One is sparse and links to two games, one is a design company's corporate site. Which one is REBEL which one is EMPIRE? wheee what fun this guessing game...

#lame #iadmitit

Thorin

See with the explanation it makes sense, though.  What you did was look at a couple of websites, think to yourself this'd make a fun guessing game, posted some links, but never told the rest of us it was meant as a guessing game.  That left us (well, Melbosa and me) wondering what your intentions were with our daughterinternet connection.

and lgcldesign.com is EMPIRE.

Also, there's a line item in the budget for about ten feet of chicken wire to cover some exhaust port or something - is that important?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on February 11, 2013, 01:06:00 PM
Also, there's a line item in the budget for about ten feet of chicken wire to cover some exhaust port or something - is that important?

LOL

Mr. Analog

Maybe it's the sangria still in my system but I confused
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

Thorin

Oh gods, the man is 40 and trying to talk like a tweenie.  edit: or a hipster: (from urbandictionary) 3. a pathetic hipster way of saying you're jealous

My next thought for jelly, after PBJ Time, was jellyman, offspring; offspring, jellyman.

Although being jealous of the one who had sangria I guess does make sense.  And once I had the right dictionary I could parse the sentence correctly...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

Mr. Analog

Well now that I've had a few martinis I can certainly say you guys are nuts
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 12, 2013, 03:38:03 PM
Well now that I've had a few martinis I can certainly say you guys are nuts

Not really a news flash, the levels of crazy just fluctuate randomly and wildly here some times.