upgrading Usamot

Started by Thorin, January 15, 2014, 10:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, I think Im leaning towards the last one myself, but I play so infrequently its not my call.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

The one with lots of ocean near spawn?

I'm kind of liking the ones with more land, that way we can clump up more closely (at least at first)

I know if I saw an ocean in front of me I'd want to make a boat... and we know what happens then hehe
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

If we narrow it down to maybe 3 I can take some more shots... Using a mod that does the nice isometric shots IN GAME so i can do them with shaders etc... doesn't show up so much in these wide shots.

Lazybones

Leaning toward http://imgur.com/a/7oDT5#11 after making the spawn images, has plains, trees, animals, and extreme hills near it.

Lets narrow it down and put it to a vote. There are some features just out of view in these that are really nice, but it would have taken me too long to fly around and generate them for all of the seeds... I am willing to do that for maybe 3.

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 26, 2014, 10:52:56 AM
The one with lots of ocean near spawn?

I'm kind of liking the ones with more land, that way we can clump up more closely (at least at first)

I know if I saw an ocean in front of me I'd want to make a boat... and we know what happens then hehe
Actually I don't remember now :(

I have had very little sleep the past several days due to various reasons. running on near empty. But I'm almost done with a lot of that. Soon I'll have some exciting news I hope :D

Last night while waiting for someone to come online, I managed to migrate all of my services off my CoreNetworks box, so I can finally cancel that money hole.

Mr. Analog

Woo that's good to hear Tom, back into a regular cycle is always good.

Lazy yeah! 11 looks really good to me as well

Can I get a third on this :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'll vote with concensus. :) 11 does look good though.

Mr. Analog

To quote Demoman

LET'S DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIT!

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'll try and squeeze the work in... but the next few weeks are likely to be somewhat busy for me.... like I dont know if I've ever been this busy :o maybe late at night and weekends I can find the time.

Lazybones

I would like to see some other options or at least two to go into more detail on.. May of seeds have cool stuff just out of the spawn area, but we all know how important spawn is until we industrialize building and transport systems.

Thorin

Thanks for doing all the investigation, Lazy.  I'll be happy with whatever you choose.

Now if only I could find time to play :(

Tom, have you figured out / decided on a strategy to make us able to warp from the new map to the old map?  I'm gonna miss my stacks of diamonds :P
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on February 26, 2014, 11:55:20 AM
Thanks for doing all the investigation, Lazy.  I'll be happy with whatever you choose.

Now if only I could find time to play :(

Tom, have you figured out / decided on a strategy to make us able to warp from the new map to the old map?  I'm gonna miss my stacks of diamonds :P

You know for that to work both would need to running the same version... I think there is some risk of the world gen going a little off with the resent updates.

Tom

Yes, both maps/servers have to run the same version, or at least very close versions, or the client just won't connect.

This makes me think though, anyone have time to build out a nice portal/hub world? I was thinking of something in the void, on a big platform in the middle with places to put portals (I'm not sure how the portal system for this works yet, so just leave spaces for places to put things...).

Doing it in creative is fine. Go all out!

Quote from: Thorin on February 26, 2014, 11:55:20 AM
Pretty sure I'm going with BungieMC/SpigotSuite. I've heard good things about it. Each world is a separate instance of the server, so things can be split up if needed, and shouldn't greatly effect each other even when on the same server.

Mr. Analog

Sure, I've wanted to get my hands on World Edit for a long time

Maybe it will be something I do this weekend
By Grabthar's Hammer