Main Menu

Canadian DNCL

Started by Melbosa, October 31, 2008, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mags

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 17, 2008, 02:43:07 PM
Quote from: Thorin on December 17, 2008, 02:21:17 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 17, 2008, 02:04:41 PM
"Tax" the stupid and naive, just like scratch lottery tickets! And Hummer owners!

Going a little off-topic here, but why did you single out Hummer owners?  Don't big rigs consume way more fuel per mile than an H3 with a five cylinder motor (15.6 city / 11.4 highway)?

As far as calling Hummer owners "stupid and naive", I think you're doing quite a bit of bandwagon-jumping there.  Most Humvee and H1 owners know full-well the cost of their hobby and choose it over other hobbies nevertheless.

The "stupid" was in reference to the scratch lottery ticket buyers (Futurama reference ;) ) -- whereas naive = those who added numbers to the DNC list that weren't currently being harassed. o_o

Oh, and "big rigs" are a necessity for the economy. Hummers are purchased by CHOICE by ... shortbus low-selfesteem rich folks ... usually. IMHO. ;)

I understand what your saying. But, don't forget a lot rural people need these kind of vehicles (Not necessarily H1's, but 4 wheel drive suv's)  just to get around in winter.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Thorin

Okay, for future reference your sentence structure from the one post appeared to imply the following meaning:

"Tax" the stupid and naive [meaning] scratch lottery [players] and Hummer owners

whereas from the first part of your next post it appears you meant:

"Tax" the stupid and naive [meaning] scratch lottery [players] and ["Tax"] Hummer owners

although from the second part of your next post you clearly explain that you hold a low opinion of Hummer owners, so maybe my first interpretation was correct.

Now, if you want to have a discussion about taxation or your perception of Hummer owners or your perception of scratch lottery players or how those all intersect, why not start a thread for it?  Why hijack a thread about the DNCL, clearly titled "Canadian DNCL"?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I've been getting a lot less calls. To quote Zoidberg:

"Hooray!"
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I haven't had one since I registered as far as I recall.