Top 5 Mobile Phones attached at Pwn2Own

Started by Melbosa, November 13, 2014, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

LOL sorry guys; I should have not mentioned it... I forgot not a lot of love for the M$ these days here. I'll just step back into my M$ shadow back here in the corner not bothering anyone anymore :P :D.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I was just stating facts about market share I found on the site. The only reason I care is for dev purposes
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

And I was just pointing out to Darren that just as he's hating on MS for what it's doing, Apple does the same except it involves children.

That's a weird sentence.

Anyway, the reason I stay away from Windows phones is because my experience over the last fifteen years has not shown that Microsoft tries to make it's OSes as soft on the batteries as possible.  Although I could be wrong since I haven't tried it.  I'm happy for you that you're enjoying your Windows phone.

As far as dev, to make money on apps you're best off to chase iOS as those users are the most likely to pay for apps.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Our one windows phone user just switch to an iPhone 6 so I have little Experience with them in the wild.

I have heard the interface speed and  camera mentioned by the few users I have encountered. However I don't fined those a problem on iOS even when compared side by side.

Personally I have a fair number of purchased iOS apps now so switching to anything else will have a cost to replace those apps. I also find a number of interesting apps on iOS are more mature than ones I have looked at on android for example.

I think Microsoft could take back some market share but they would have to release something that made some headlines.

Tom

One reason I'm not that interested in an ms device is as of late they haven't been known for their long term support. Also lock-in. But lock in is a thing in all of the phone platforms so meh.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

You get lock-in with each of the big 3

Really you're just choosing which walls you want for your garden
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 17, 2014, 08:26:07 AM
You get lock-in with each of the big 3

Really you're just choosing which walls you want for your garden
Pretty much, though you do have the option of 3rd party OSs on android devices. Heck, my phone CAME with Cyanogen. :o
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!