Robin Williams found dead

Started by Mr. Analog, August 11, 2014, 10:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'm watching one of his live standups. Was going to watch one of his movies tonight, but stuff happened.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

There will always be celebrity deaths in my life span, but not many really matter to me other than a small "that's terrible" or "they will be missed".  But when one of your idols passes, someone I really enjoyed as a performer such as Robin Williams I find I really do truly feel their loss, a close 3rd to Family and Friends missing.  These for me are very far and rare occurrences, but he was one of those that I am truly sad to see leave us, regardless of the circumstances of his death (some people are not very forgiving to suicides).

For me, Robin Williams will be greatly missed and I find I feel part of my world is less shinning known he will no longer be there entertaining us all.

I liked this statement from Obama:
QuoteBarack Obama also issued a statement:

Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien ? but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most ? from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets. The Obama family offers our condolences to Robin?s family, his friends and everyone who found their voice and their verse thanks to Robin Williams.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Not that often that you hear of a president making such a statement when an entertainer dies.

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

The whole thing has hit me harder than I thought it would
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, its hit me a little hard too.

Mags

"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Tom

and that just magnified the feels. thanks mags >:(

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer