Doctor Who Robin hood

Started by Lazybones, September 06, 2014, 11:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

In the latest episode it seems like they didn't even try to make the resolution to the problem believable even IN universe..

I liked the concept but there where several parts I was just cringing through.

Thorin

And the first two were so good...  Oh well, haven't seen this one yet.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I feel there is more to this story but yeah it seemed a bit out of place
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Is it just me or did the last episode feel like half an episode? (or did I fall asleep)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I think you fell asleep, I rather enjoyed it as well as the ending.

It has a very interesting timeline if you pay attention .

Mr. Analog

Without saying too much I caught that bit for sure and was left with more questions than answers hahah
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Having seen the Robin Hood episode, I didn't find myself cringing.  Of course, I considered this the throwaway episode that's kinda done on the cheap to help save the yearly budget.

The next episode after Robin Hood, the one named Listen, was tense and scary for the first half to three quarters, then clearly a set up for stories further along in the season.

Into The Dalek, episode 2 of season 8 here, I still think is the best one.

All that said, I'm perfectly happy with Capaldi's doctor.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Since it is early in the season I think being left with questions is preferable to golden arrows.

I think the doctor was on to something but followed the wrong path. At least that is what I got out of it.

Mr. Analog

I'm really liking this new episode woo!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 27, 2014, 08:17:50 PM
I'm really liking this new episode woo!

Guess I better watch it... I was in the office from about 6am till 6pm today working on the first of our data center moves.

Mr. Analog

Eccccch! That sounds like it sux

So far this is probably my favorite episode so far
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I can't believe we're on episode 6 already! They'll be pausing for a couple of months right away, if they're doing it like other seasons :(
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on September 27, 2014, 08:37:37 PM
I can't believe we're on episode 6 already! They'll be pausing for a couple of months right away, if they're doing it like other seasons :(

Ya there are only14 episodes a season... :(

Thorin

Actually the episode count bounces around. Season 7 and 6 were 13 episodes each, I think, and spilt into two sub-seasons.

I just checked on wikipedia, and season 8 looks like it'll be one continuous weekly broadcast.

Also, if that's a fighting robot that can blow up an entire planet, why not get a few and set them on the daleks?

So far, Into The Dalek was the best episode of the season, and I thought Time Heist was a close second. Now if only they'd stop being so secretive about The Promised Land.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on September 27, 2014, 11:37:18 PM
Actually the episode count bounces around. Season 7 and 6 were 13 episodes each, I think, and spilt into two sub-seasons.

I just checked on wikipedia, and season 8 looks like it'll be one continuous weekly broadcast.

Also, if that's a fighting robot that can blow up an entire planet, why not get a few and set them on the daleks?

So far, Into The Dalek was the best episode of the season, and I thought Time Heist was a close second. Now if only they'd stop being so secretive about The Promised Land.

Personally I really like almost any episode that depends on an out of order time trick so the time Heist was the best one so far for the new doctor... I don't care if they even create paradoxes I just love them for the surprise the first time you watch and things start fitting together. This is also another reason I find "Blink" the best episode of the (2005) doctor who.