kids of celebs: "Bull@%&# Tennis played between Jaden and Willow Smith"

Started by Darren Dirt, November 18, 2014, 09:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

http://www.theguardian.com/music/shortcuts/2014/nov/18/arcane-wisdom-jaden-willow-smith-interview-will-smith

kids say the darndest nothings:

"There are no novels that I like to read, so I write my own novels, and then I read them again, and it's the best thing."

"When you're thinking about something happy, you're thinking about something sad. When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple."

"I went to school for one year. It was the best experience but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, 'Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.' But it was the worst experience because I was depressed."

...if only these kids could take their uncommon free time and limitless financial resources etc. and turn it all into actually useful world-improving action... instead of being ... trippy-sounding shiny objects their parents put on display without realizing the public aren't impressed but are more likely sad or even laughing. And the kids aren't even in on the joke, looks like. (Or maybe these kids truly are seeking some kind of metaphysical spiritual enlightenment and stuff after realizing just how good they got it, materialism-wise? Hard to sound "down to earth" with your head in the clouds I guess..)

(one comment: "Russel Brand wouldn't be able to find a way into that conversation, that's how much bull@%&# is being flung about.")

(another, sadly: "Jaden's twitter* is something to behold. A life of never been told "no" displayed to perfection in 140 characters or less.")

(a third makes a good point, remember "The scene where Will Smith is asked to shoot cardboard aliens in a shooting range. He shoots the small girl, as she seems the most suspicious character in the shooting gallery." ... why was that kid the most suspicious? ;) )

* https://twitter.com/OfficialJaden ; summed up @ https://twitter.com/drewsbocas/status/520035717226176512

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I'm not sure how to approach stuff like this because there's no actual way of being able to really know who's generating (or moderating) the content.

Then again there are a lot of opinionated 16 year olds who talk gibberish, though they usually don't have 5.4 MILLION followers listening to them
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 18, 2014, 09:34:52 AM
(a third makes a good point, remember "The scene where Will Smith is asked to shoot cardboard aliens in a shooting range. He shoots the small girl, as she seems the most suspicious character in the shooting gallery." ... why was that kid the most suspicious? ;) )

I think you misrepresented this comment.  The full comment was "Aren't they quoting books used in Men In Black 1. The scene where Will Smith is asked to shoot cardboard aliens in a shooting range. He shoots the small girl, as she seems the most suspicious character in the shooting gallery."  The comment had nothing to do with saying the kid was suspicious, but instead was trying to make a tenuous connection between the advanced books displayed in the movie and the advanced books Will Smith's kids claim to be reading / have read.

Beyond that, I really don't care what Jaden and Willow Smith say to interviewers.  Really.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on November 18, 2014, 01:34:40 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 18, 2014, 09:34:52 AM

I think you mis-readmisrepresented this comment.  The full comment was "Aren't they quoting books used in Men In Black 1. The scene where Will Smith is asked to shoot cardboard aliens in a shooting range. He shoots the small girl, as she seems the most suspicious character in the shooting gallery."  The comment had nothing to do with saying the kid was suspicious, but instead was trying to make a tenuous connection between the advanced books displayed in the movie and the advanced books Will Smith's kids claim to be reading / have read.

FYP. Was tired yesterday, brain and heart were in a weird place.

Also, clearly the Smith & Smith union + Scientology = produced alien babies.

;)

/stupidthread

Strive for progress. Not perfection.