Main Menu

PUN-ishment

Started by Mr. Analog, March 23, 2015, 10:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

HRNGG URGE TO PUN EXTREME
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I ain't getting the joke, help me out here bro (brain not quite working since today is like my Monday as I was home sick the last two days)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 25, 2015, 10:20:05 AM
I ain't getting the joke, help me out here bro (brain not quite working since today is like my Monday as I was home sick the last two days)

What animals can you find at the bank of London

posted to twitter, BEGGING for puns, they saw it coming though

I've seen the animals around the bank of London, it's like a bloody zoo (ETC)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 25, 2015, 10:26:44 AM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 25, 2015, 10:20:05 AM

What animals can you find at the bank of London

posted to twitter, BEGGING for puns, they saw it coming though

I've seen the animals around the bank of London, it's like a bloody zoo (ETC)

I still don't get it? Finance puns? Bears, bulls? Or judgemental labels of bankers in general: sharks? weasels?

>>posted to twitter, BEGGING for puns, they saw it coming though
^ please include the link to the Tweet. and/or the #hashtag

Mr. Analog

Go back to bed Garfield

EDIT:
1. Tweet posted with huge pun potential, poster realized this, and defused it
2. My own mind immediately started making up endless puns was more interesting than the actual article link
3. Posted on forum stating this fact because slow day

In Detail:
I enjoyed that this person who works for The Londonist who had a soft article about iconography used on money and probably paused before making the actual tweet realizing the riff-potential for such a statement.

The meta-level of that really grabbed me, like conceptual art. A single joke on a typewriter in a room that doesn't exist

>POST CONTAINS NO ACTUAL PUNS<

So you can stop looking for something that doesn't exist now and go back to sleep
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

The word choices in the above reply seem to be sympomatic of overthinkingitis or something. I can empathasize, today is one rare day I am not suffering from it at all.

Speaking of intellectual depth or whatever: Kubrick night tomorrow maybe? Shining, Strangelove, Lyndon* -- you pick.

*I feel slight shame in having not seen one of his regularly-top-ranked films (but I think its slow pace and period-piece-ness scared me off in the past)

Mr. Analog

Tomorrow night? Might work for Doctor Strangelove, the others are both over 2 hours (Barry Lyndon is over 3)

The Shining - 144 min
Doctor Strangelove - 94 min
Barry Lyndon - 184 min

Friday would be better BUT I'm planning a livestream night (assuming I can break out of my current art block)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So I'm guessing we'll do this another night

No worries, I can get caught up on some other project work (thank you trello for reminding me)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 26, 2015, 03:28:49 PM

No worries, I can get caught up on some other project work (thank you trello for reminding me)

Actually I am briefly meeting my brother at Southgate in like an hour, then I am able to hang out with you if you are up to it.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 26, 2015, 04:35:17 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 26, 2015, 03:28:49 PM

Actually I am briefly meeting my brother at Southgate in like an hour, then I am able to hang out with you if you are up to it.

Hah! I almost quite literally closed this when you posted it. I went out after work to do some shopping and then had some other stuff come up anyway

Next time Gadget! NEEEXT TIIIIIME
By Grabthar's Hammer