Main Menu

smoke sucks

Started by Thorin, August 25, 2015, 02:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I'm camping in the Rockies, south of Banff, and a whole bunch of smoke rolled in overnight. It's stifling, and giving me headaches. Wish it would go away.

I've heard it's from fires in the northwest US. How is it back home?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

It seems ok here right now.

Sorry to hear its so bad there :(
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Little hazy today but no smell or smog
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Monday was pretty choke-tastic around my place, there was almost a fog near the river all day

It's really irritating
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

There was a little smoke last evening/night. I couldn't see it, but i could smell it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Pretty much anywhere around Calgary or south of it seems to have been hit pretty hard by the US forest fires... We here in E-town could smell it a bit on Monday but it was barely visible and definitely not as bad.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on August 26, 2015, 06:03:15 PM
Pretty much anywhere around Calgary or south of it seems to have been hit pretty hard by the US forest fires... We here in E-town could smell it a bit on Monday but it was barely visible and definitely not as bad.

Calgary had a air quality rating of 21 ... on a scale of 10

Just a few points higher than Beijing!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

We are an 8/10 today apparently.

Also speaking of China, no joke there's some folks that are bottling compressed Jasper air and selling it online for $15 a pop. And a majority of their customers are from China -- due to the crappy air quality there.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on August 27, 2015, 08:32:06 AM

Also speaking of China, no joke there's some folks that are bottling compressed Jasper air and selling it online for $15 a pop. And a majority of their customers are from China -- due to the crappy air quality there.

First thought: Spaceballs
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 27, 2015, 08:35:48 AM

Really? Not "L.A. Story"?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on August 27, 2015, 08:49:49 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 27, 2015, 08:35:48 AM

Really? Not "L.A. Story"?

Man, there's a movie I haven't watched in ages
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Darren Dirt

OMG when I looked on Youtube for the Spaceballs "Perri-air" clip, I found this -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiabeNR_q0U -- and a few of the comments linked to news stories from 2014 or even 2013 where yes apparently *CANNED* air was actually already a thing!

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2014/03/bottled-air-chinese-multimillionaire-sells-eight-million-80-cent-cans-of-fresh-air-in-ten-days-2608250.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/01/chen-guangbiao-canned-fresh-air-pollution-china_n_2599716.html

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer