Main Menu

Jessica Jones

Started by Lazybones, September 10, 2015, 10:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Another Netflix Marvel series is about to start.

http://youtu.be/ywZE-NEJ2Ik

Should be interesting seeing David Tennant play the villain.  He was my favourite Doctor from the new doctor who.

There will be heavy overlap with Daredevil as the series takes place in the same city and same time.

Thorin

You know, I thought I'd be getting tired of Marvel Cinematic Universe stuff by now, but I'm not.

It's neat how there are different levels of heroes in this universe.  Daredevil and Jessica Jones are clearly small-time, Ant-Man's not a big deal yet, but then Thor and Iron Man exist in the same universe and are a big damn deal.  And they're all getting tied together.  It's so cool.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on September 11, 2015, 08:46:08 AM
It's neat how there are different levels of heroes in this universe.  Daredevil and Jessica Jones are clearly small-time, Ant-Man's not a big deal yet, but then Thor and Iron Man exist in the same universe and are a big damn deal.  And they're all getting tied together.  It's so cool.
Yeah and I really like how the actors are moved between TV and Big Screen to keep the Characters consistent in MCU streams... unlike DC which doesn't tie their TV shows to their Movies very well, especially with actor presence cross medium (example Flash - TV Actor will not be in Justice League, he is recast as another Actor for the movie).

And then you get comments like this from DC Directors:
Quote"They?re not just, like, the flavor of the week Ant-Man?not to be mean, but whatever it is. What is the next Blank-Man?"... "I look at it as more being mythological than, say, bubblegum."
Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/09/10/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-director-zack-synder-calls-ant-man-flavor-of-the-week
If I was DC oversight I would be reviewing Marvel's successes and urging Directors, Writers, etc of DC content to be more conscious of what is making money at the box office/TV markets:
Box Office: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-01/the-superhero-battle-for-the-bottom-line - seems Marvel is well ahead
TV Ratings: this one was harder for find detail in one article, but looks like they may be more neck in neck
Overall: nice little sum up I found: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/DCandMARVEL/news/?a=118931
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

Back on topic I'll be checking out the new Netflix Marvel shows for sure!!!

And I do love the DC Animated Movies myself.

Lazybones

Netflix has both great Marvel originals as well as a growing collection of those DC animated moves. Netflix and the viewer wins.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on September 10, 2015, 10:40:42 PM
Another Netflix Marvel series is about to start.

http://youtu.be/ywZE-NEJ2Ik

Should be interesting seeing David Tennant play the villain.  He was my favourite Doctor from the new doctor who.

Speaking of "Doctors" who are unexpectedly cast as villains...

[sorta-spoiler]
Terminator: Genisys is at Movies 12, for anyone who wants a cheap 2+ hour entertaining ride with lots of eye-rolling references to the first two T-films. But plenty of genuine "Whoa! That was cool!" moments too (imho).

Quote from: Thorin on September 11, 2015, 08:46:08 AM
You know, I thought I'd be getting tired of Marvel Cinematic Universe stuff by now, but I'm not.
Also, Age Of Ultron is @ Movies 12 too -- saw both of them on the weekend with my daughter, didn't hurt my wallet that much and enjoyed both of them quite a bit! 8)
[/sorta-spoiler]

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

I had to look up how Terminator Genisys connected to Jessica Jones and the Marvel Cinematic Universe...  Matt Smith from Doctor Who is in Terminator Genisys (I did not know and would not have cared to look it up).  And David Tennant from Doctor Who is in Jessica Jones.

So Age of Ultron was worth the price of admission?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on September 14, 2015, 10:45:11 AM
I had to look up how Terminator Genisys connected to Jessica Jones and the Marvel Cinematic Universe...  Matt Smith from Doctor Who is in Terminator Genisys (I did not know and would not have cared to look it up).  And David Tennant from Doctor Who is in Jessica Jones.

So Age of Ultron was worth the price of admission?

1. Yes -- 2 actors playing the "same" iconic role are now playing very non-type-cast roles in 2 different rooms in the SciFi house, hence my mention of it. I avoided spoilers and trailers so I had NO IDEA that Smith was even in it, when I saw "Matthew Smith" in the opening credits I expected it to be an American actor with a similar name, then when I saw him I thought it was a weird cameo or something, but in terms of the plot he ends being not at all insignificant -- and when it matters he definitely gives off a solid creepy vibe, as he did a few times in certain darker eps of Who actually.

2. Yes -- I smiled or even laughed out loud a lot, virtually every time James Spader spoker (Ultron is actually very non-robotic in his take on life and his wordsmithing) and of course whenever Tony Snark had some words with Hulk or Cap. Also J.A.R.V.I.S. was ... surprising.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Thorin

Yeah, it's gonna be good.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Trailer #2 looks even better if you ask me.

https://youtu.be/s3UYWK2jeX0

Melbosa

10 days until the release on Netflix.  Can't wait!

Thorin

Anyone 'flixing this tonight?  I've got hockey to watch tonight, but expect to have seen the first couple of episodes by Sunday.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on November 20, 2015, 06:04:24 PM
Anyone 'flixing this tonight?  I've got hockey to watch tonight, but expect to have seen the first couple of episodes by Sunday.

I have been working from home today... it has been killing me... I plan to watch some tonight but if it is good I suspect I will be watching all weekend.

Lazybones

Managed to get three episodes in, it is off to a very good start.