Main Menu

DesertBus Marathon

Started by Tom, November 17, 2015, 10:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Mentioned DesertBus in another post, but want to bring it up again. They are live streaming for over 145 hours straight to raise money for Child's Play.

RIGHT NOW Ken Steacy is auctioning off a crap load of stuff. Astroboy, Spiderman, Venom, Victor Vector, a archival set of laser discs from the National Air and Space museum containing hundreds of thousands of photos of aerospace history.

http://www.twitch.tv/desertbus
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

The dude (Max) behind Cards Against Humanity has called in to the desertbus and is doing a donation drive for a copy of EVERY SINGLE CAH card EVER MADE. Including all of the stuff they don't sell any more. Also a pre release copy of his new game Secret Hitler, a copy of Slap 45, and some other stuff.

Donate $14.99 or a multiple there-of, and you're entered into the give away.

AND there's THREE copies up.

Tom

Later tonight is an auction for a trip to Vegas for a "date" with Penn Jillette.

@%&#ing nuts.

Tom

Oh, and a full size Dragon Age staff is up for a donation drive too. but only for about 3 more minutes.

Tom

Ok, so the CAH give away raised over 27k BEFORE CAH matched it.

Tom

Graph :o

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It was absolutely amazing!

What I didn't know is that Desert Bus is apparently Child's play's large influx every year. Some charities get grants, Child's Play doesn't. Essentially Desert Bus is Child play's grant :o

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Yeah, they raised $676,883.57 in a week. Totally nuts. It was a lot of fun too :D