Main Menu

Moving Day

Started by Ustauk, March 18, 2005, 11:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

As some of you know, I've put down the final deposit on a condo, but I won't be able to take possesion until May, since there's a tenant in there currently.  Prior to moving in, I want to throw a coat of paint on the place.  So to give plenty of time for that and final packing, I'm going to tenatively book my move for the second Saturday of May, the 14th.  Just giving everyone a heads up.  Is that a bad day for anyone who's indicated they'd be willing to help?  I'll give the traditonal meal afterwards, and I think I'll get some of the cheaper movie tickets they're selling at work and treat ( assuming it will be a treat :) ) everyone who helps to Episode III on the Tuesday afterwards.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Ustauk"As some of you know, I've put down the final deposit on a condo, but I won't be able to take possesion until May, since there's a tenant in there currently.  Prior to moving in, I want to throw a coat of paint on the place.  So to give plenty of time for that and final packing, I'm going to tenatively book my move for the second Saturday of May, the 14th.  Just giving everyone a heads up.  Is that a bad day for anyone who's indicated they'd be willing to help?  I'll give the traditonal meal afterwards, and I think I'll get some of the cheaper movie tickets they're selling at work and treat ( assuming it will be a treat :) ) everyone who helps to Episode III on the Tuesday afterwards.
Well, most of the painting's done on my new place, and this week I'm going to be busy packing.  The moving day is still set for Saturaday, May 9.   The plan is to start at 11:00 AM.   If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Melbosa

I have one question, would you all like us to take off today to help you move at 11:00AM or were you wanting us to wait until Saturday?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Ustauk

I meant 11:00 AM on Saturday:P

Mr. Analog

Do you need additional:
-Vehicles
-Dollies
-Boxes

?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Ustauk"I meant 11:00 AM on Saturday:P
K so you want us to be there on Saturday, May 9th, 200# or Saturday, May 14th, 2005? ;)

QUOTE (Ustauk)
The moving day is still set for Saturaday, May 9.[/quote]
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Ustauk

Quote from: "Melbosa"
Quote from: "Ustauk"I meant 11:00 AM on Saturday:P
K so you want us to be there on Saturday, May 9th, 200# or Saturday, May 14th, 2005? ;)

QUOTE (Ustauk)
The moving day is still set for Saturaday, May 9.[/quote]
Crap, didn't see that, my apologies.  To specify, the move shall begin on Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 11:00 AM.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Do you need additional:
-Vehicles
-Dollies
-Boxes

?
Since I'm only moving six and a half blocks away, we can make multiple trips with the U-Haul trailer fairly easily, so additional cargo vehicles will not be required.  I'm planning on purchasing a dolly, but if someone has a spare they want to bring, they're welcome to do that.  We also have some shopping carts available at the new place, and I may borrow one from Save-On-Foods for the old place :)  I have some boxes from work, and well be checking if they have any more to spare, but I might need some more, so if you have some empty ones sitting around, please let me know.

Ustauk

Does anyone need a ride for moving tomorrow?  And Mr. Dirt, I think you indicated you might want to help a while back, but do you have your kids tomorrow?  If so, then don't worry about it.

Mr. Analog

What time do we start.

Where are we meeting.

Tell me that and I'll tell you if I need a ride :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Ustauk"Does anyone need a ride for moving tomorrow?  And Mr. Dirt, I think you indicated you might want to help a while back, but do you have your kids tomorrow?  If so, then don't worry about it.
Kids, affirmative. If it weren't for their sheer numbers, I would say they would have fun just watching the ol' man shuffle cargo. But with 3 I can't keep all my eyes on them at once ;)

Well that's one less pizza you're obligated to provide at least :P

Good luck, moving people, and remember lift with your legs, etc. etc.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"
Quote from: "Ustauk"Does anyone need a ride for moving tomorrow?  And Mr. Dirt, I think you indicated you might want to help a while back, but do you have your kids tomorrow?  If so, then don't worry about it.
Kids, affirmative. If it weren't for their sheer numbers, I would say they would have fun just watching the ol' man shuffle cargo. But with 3 I can't keep all my eyes on them at once ;)

Well that's one less pizza you're obligated to provide at least :P

Good luck, moving people, and remember lift with your legs, etc. etc.
Good luck with your kids then.  Hopefully I'll see you at the next get together.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"What time do we start.

Where are we meeting.

Tell me that and I'll tell you if I need a ride :D
We will be meeting at my original place, #9 10038 110 Street at 11:00 AM.  If you can't come until later, you might have to buzz Mel or Lazy or Mr. Analog (whoever's not there later) on a cell, since the new place doesn't have the phone hooked up yet, so i have no buzzer there.  Or else you can wait at the old place until we return, as I think my mother will be waiting there.  I might be a couple minutes late with the trailer, but someone should be there to let you in.

Ustauk

Thanks to Lazy and Melbosa for helping me move on Saturday.  Mr. Analog was sick, and Darren had his kids, so they couldn't make it, but I'm sure they can help me move again when I get a house in ten years :) Just kidding, I'll probably get movers then.

I couldn't get my internet and cable hooked up until Wednesday, so this might be the last message tell then (at a friends house).  Talk to you guys later.

Mr. Analog

Let me know when your housewarming is I have a present for you (finally!)
By Grabthar's Hammer