Fragapalooza Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 29, 2005, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Not sure its 100% fixed but the seating doesn't look too bad now.. and there are a bunch of green spots we can shift down too now if we want to bunch up more.

Not having the row extend all the way should make it much easier to move equipment in and out.

Ustauk

I just finished wiping my machine.  Besides BF2, UT2K4, and Battlefront, what else do I need to install for Frag?

Lazybones

Quote from: "Ustauk"I just finished wiping my machine.  Besides BF2, UT2K4, and Battlefront, what else do I need to install for Frag?
Up to date anti-virus software  ;)  

Ustauk

Quote from: "Lazybones"
Quote from: "Ustauk"I just finished wiping my machine.  Besides BF2, UT2K4, and Battlefront, what else do I need to install for Frag?
That was installed first thing after the OS (used a slipstreamed SP2 disk), and updated as soon as I plugged in the network cable :)

Drunkener

Yeah I still need to wipe my machine... havent had much time since I've been leading too many molten core and blackwing lair raids recently.

Anyways at lunch I am going to go pickup some games, what should I buy?  BF2 is on my list, but I dont know what else I should bring.

Hoping to get some Tribes in this weekend too :)
Greatest Ebay feedback ever: BOUGTH IT FOR MY COUSIN WHO HAD CANCER, ITEM NEVER ARRIVED AND MY COUSIN DIED

Tonnica

Seating still looks an touch bit messed. Looks like Mr. A might have gotten a hold of someone as he's moved down a bit now. Looks like we'll have to make extra sure we agree on where we want to move to if we have to move from our current arrangement. And cross our fingers real hard.

I'm pretty sure I'm ready. Got some Unreal 2004 and once I get a new video card I should have BF2 working for me. As well I've got Call of Duty, Battlefield 1942, and Battlefield Vietnam for side practice and fun. If anyone hasn't seen Shawn of Dead yet I'll bring along the DVD for watching as well.

Shayne

Quote from: "Tonnica"Call of Duty
I'm just guessing...........piracy tends to be a little..........rampant at frag eh?  CoD is in my top 5 most fun FPS games, and i dont own it (for shame, i know).

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Ustauk"
Quote from: "Ustauk"I just finished wiping my machine.  Besides BF2, UT2K4, and Battlefront, what else do I need to install for Frag?
That was installed first thing after the OS (used a slipstreamed SP2 disk), and updated as soon as I plugged in the network cable :)
Hey Ustauk, is that Slipstream disk WinXP Pro with SP2 minus all the unnecessary SP2 crap? If so, is it like an OS image, or is it just a normal slow installation still needed? I'm thinking of doing a rebuild of my system -- it's been like a year, and it's Microsoft, so... :rolleyes: -- and I'm thinking maybe I can borrow that CD from you? PS: In case nobody knows, my version of WinXP Pro is legit, bought it at a-computers in Oliver Square... Just looking for time savers, that's all. :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"
Quote from: "Ustauk"
Hey Ustauk, is that Slipstream disk WinXP Pro with SP2 minus all the unnecessary SP2 crap? If so, is it like an OS image, or is it just a normal slow installation still needed? I'm thinking of doing a rebuild of my system -- it's been like a year, and it's Microsoft, so... :rolleyes: -- and I'm thinking maybe I can borrow that CD from you? PS: In case nobody knows, my version of WinXP Pro is legit, bought it at a-computers in Oliver Square... Just looking for time savers, that's all. :)
I'm afraid it contains all of SP2.  What parts of that do you consider crap? Here's instructions on how to create  a slip stream disk, provided you have Nero and a CD burner.  I imagine you could use your legit copy to generate a slipstreamed version, and then use the same key you've always had.  If not, let me know and I'll get you a copy.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Ustauk"I just finished wiping my machine.  Besides BF2, UT2K4, and Battlefront, what else do I need to install for Frag?
Oh, and for anyone who's putting in a new hard drive, installing the OS on it, and gets a message after installation saying could not load OS files ( or something like that ) , check to make sure the os hard drive is set to LBA.  My board was setting the OS drive to CHA or something like that, and the OS was kaking out after installation.  Once I set it manually to LBA, everything worked fine.

Shayne

I have an XP SP2 disk thats under 130MB including all my drivers.  Its really thin, and i dont recommend it for anybody.

I also have an XP SP2 disk that has most of the essentials and its around 300MB.   All depends on what you want kept from the installation.

My original is a legit XP SP2 disk from the University of Oklahoma (im good friends with the cheif tech guy there), and i have a list of 80 or so unbanned unique keys (as i get the keys for free).  So i can basically hook anyone up with a copy.

Mr. Analog

Yeah, if you guys want to be moved send a PM to Sphincter, ASAP:

(See this thread for more: http://www.fragapalooza.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1341)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Seating shouldn't be an issue but you sould still contact Sphincter
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Now, what about foodables?

I want to get some bags of carrots like last time, and maybe some pop, chips and stuff? I have a fridge in my room (booked) so I can store stuff during the day!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Have a fragulous times, folks... I'm busy this weekend so I won't be able to join you not even to "observe". But if my plans change mebbe I'll call one of yer cells and set up plans to come visit and criticize your m@d l33t gaming skillz ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.