Fragapalooza Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 29, 2005, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Well, glad to see you onboard my friend. Parking is usually a controlled nightmare with some lucky breaks, indeed the early bird catches the worm so they say. Mind you... I'm not an automobilist so I don't really know what depths from which I speak...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: "Shayne"
QuoteDear Shayne Bundus,

This email confirms that you have paid Fragapalooza (paypal@fragapalooza.com) $75.00 CAD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *FRAGAPALOOZ".
I noticed that i still had a few bucks in my account from the now defunct Mars Project, so i used that to cover most of it.  Im all set to come...i might have an LCD by then, but im not gonna hold my breath *shrug*

How is parking?  Im gonna have to make 3 trips to the car i think, and most of my gear is sorta heavy.
Parking is fine as long as you know the secret. Everyone tires to park on the side where the main entrance is.

There is a pedway between the hotel and the hall. there are doors on both sides of it, if you drive around to the other side you can park close to the pedway and walk right into the main entrance of the hall.

Although I have noticed more people parking on that side with each year the event is held at the Mayfield.

Notes:
Click on the thumbnail to view a larger version.
Orange is the common over used place to park and where everyone arrives.
Green is the better place to park and unload
The red arrows indicate entry into the hall.

Mr. Analog

My fair sister will need a ride, that is to say if I am already set up through volunteering! On Thor's day...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

So my plan is to head in that direction after work on Friday.  I wont make it in till 6ish, but i have a seat reserved between Melbosa and Cova as that was really the only seat left if i wanted to be in the cliq.

Tonnica

Anyone able to hitch me a lift out to the Mayfield on thursday? If not I'll probably have to get a taxi in. I think I'll also need to stop at Memory Express to get a new video card. My trusty GeForce Ti 4600 doesn't have the right spicyness for me to be able to play Battlefield 2. What I won't do for a well organized artillery strike.

...Man it's a good thing I've been saving up. After this I won't need to buy a new vital computer part for around 3 years.

Oh except OF COURSE for the DRM'ed monitors when Longhorn comes along. I'll get on those RIGHT AWAY! (joking, of course!) :P

Ustauk

Quote from: "Tonnica"Anyone able to hitch me a lift out to the Mayfield on thursday? If not I'll probably have to get a taxi in. I think I'll also need to stop at Memory Express to get a new video card. My trusty GeForce Ti 4600 doesn't have the right spicyness for me to be able to play Battlefield 2. What I won't do for a well organized artillery strike.

...Man it's a good thing I've been saving up. After this I won't need to buy a new vital computer part for around 3 years.

Oh except OF COURSE for the DRM'ed monitors when Longhorn comes along. I'll get on those RIGHT AWAY! (joking, of course!) :P
Oh, alright, nobody else volunteered, I'll stick my neck out :)  I must warn you, though, I'm not an early riser.  Will you need a ride back on Sunday, or will your father be able to make it out then?

Tonnica

Quote from: "Ustauk"Oh, alright, nobody else volunteered, I'll stick my neck out :)  I must warn you, though, I'm not an early riser.  Will you need a ride back on Sunday, or will your father be able to make it out then?
I'm not much of an early riser myself (mornings BAD!). I should be able to snag a ride back home with the folks as they come back this friday though. Thanks for the offer Ustauk!

Mr. Analog

I too need a ride on Thursday, Lazy?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I too need a ride on Thursday, Lazy?
I can give you a lift Mr. A..  I think my car only has enough room for two geeks and gear so thats about it..

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Lazybones"
Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I too need a ride on Thursday, Lazy?
I can give you a lift Mr. A..  I think my car only has enough room for two geeks and gear so thats about it..
Groov-E
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

FYI

QuoteGreetings,    Its here?Fragapalooza week!   Doors will open at the Mayfield Trade Center this Thursday at 9:00am. Those of you that have completed registration (event fee?s have been paid) may check in on Wednesday from noon to 6:00pm. You must bring your computer and monitor with you so security ID stickers can be placed on it. You will also receive your event pass. No one will be able to setup or leave anything at the venue on Wednesday. Please make sure you have photo ID with you at all times. Those of you that check in on Wednesday will be able to bypass the lines on Thursday and setup when the doors open.    Please remember there will be no coolers allowed in the venue. Keep them in your car or hotel room. Powered fans and speakers are also prohibited. If you are 17 years of age or under you must have the event permission form/waiver filled out by your parent or legal guardian to gain admittance. http://www.fragapalooza.com/files/FP_2005_...missionSlip.pdf    Bawls has offered up a Bawls Preorder Program for Fragapalooza this year. You will be whisked away to Compusmart in a rental vehicle and provided with your case (Or Cases) of Bawls at the special Fragapalooza "Discounted" price of $40 INCLUDING GST AND DEPOSIT. If you would like to get in on this special price for a 24 Bottle case of Bawls please respond to bawls@fragapalooza.com with your nick name and your first/last name as well as the number of cases you would like to book. Please bring your Fragapalooza ID with you when picking up your Cases at Compusmart. If you sent in your order intentions 2 weeks ago when we first announced it, please RESEND in your order to confirm. The emails that we received 2 weeks ago only stated intentions and wern't specific as to exactly how many you were ordering.   Lastly we would like to welcome Dell as a sponsor this year. They will be at the event to answer any questions you may have about requirements for working for Dell and you can check out www.dell.ca for more info on employment opportunities here in Edmonton. We met with one of their representatives and we were impressed with what she had to say about working for their company. Bring your resumes!    Cheers Everyone! See you there! ______________________________ Fragapalooza Staff 2005 http://www.fragapalooza.com Biggest Lan Event in Canada! 

Wish their emailer on the forums would format the email before sending lol
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

Anyone else get this in their email 4 times?  haha.

*off topic* can we get a "quick reply" button in this forum please?

Mr. Analog

Formatted for your conveniance :)

Greetings,   

Its here?Fragapalooza week!   

Doors will open at the Mayfield Trade Center this Thursday at 9:00am. Those of you that have completed registration (event fee?s have been paid) may check in on Wednesday from noon to 6:00pm. You must bring your computer and monitor with you so security ID stickers can be placed on it. You will also receive your event pass. No one will be able to setup or leave anything at the venue on Wednesday. Please make sure you have photo ID with you at all times. Those of you that check in on Wednesday will be able to bypass the lines on Thursday and setup when the doors open.

Please remember there will be no coolers allowed in the venue. Keep them in your car or hotel room. Powered fans and speakers are also prohibited. If you are 17 years of age or under you must have the event permission form/waiver filled out by your parent or legal guardian to gain admittance. http://www.fragapalooza.com/files/FP_2005_...missionSlip.pdf

Bawls has offered up a Bawls Preorder Program for Fragapalooza this year. You will be whisked away to Compusmart in a rental vehicle and provided with your case (Or Cases) of Bawls at the special Fragapalooza "Discounted" price of $40 INCLUDING GST AND DEPOSIT. If you would like to get in on this special price for a 24 Bottle case of Bawls please respond to bawls@fragapalooza.com with your nick name and your first/last name as well as the number of cases you would like to book. Please bring your Fragapalooza ID with you when picking up your Cases at Compusmart. If you sent in your order intentions 2 weeks ago when we first announced it, please RESEND in your order to confirm. The emails that we received 2 weeks ago only stated intentions and wern't specific as to exactly how many you were ordering.

Lastly we would like to welcome Dell as a sponsor this year. They will be at the event to answer any questions you may have about requirements for working for Dell and you can check out www.dell.ca for more info on employment opportunities here in Edmonton. We met with one of their representatives and we were impressed with what she had to say about working for their company. Bring your resumes!    Cheers Everyone! See you there!

I also ordered 2x cases of Bawls for y'all, on me.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I also ordered 2x cases of Bawls for y'all, on me.
You're a beard away from being Santa Claus.

Cova

Only 2 cases?  We're going to need a lot more than that before the event is over I think.  Have a feeling Mel and I will be raiding the staff Bawls supply many times during the event.