Marvel scrapes together funds for 10 more films

Started by Mr. Analog, September 07, 2005, 08:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Marvel has set aside $525 million to finance up to 10 new films based on it's properties.

QuoteMarvel said the 10 characters in the arrangement are Captain America, The Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak & Dagger, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack, and Shang-Chi

Full Story: Marvel to Finance Up to 10 Films
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Hmmm other than Captain America, not one in there I would be interested in.  What happened to Ghost Rider?  Is that one even ever coming out?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Yeah, I remember posters for it...

According to the "deeb", it's in Post Production and slated for 2006.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259324/
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I searched for Ant-Man and this thread came up.

Melbosa, you saw Ant-Man recently, right?  Sounds like your ten-year-younger self didn't think you would.

I saw it today with my little guy (well, he's nine now, not little anymore), and it was really well done.  Pretty much all the casting was bang-on, and I like that Ant-Man was shown to be clearly inferior to the Avengers.  At least at present.

I've never read the Ant-Man comics, nor very much Avengers, though.  Isn't Hank Pym the scientist supposed to be Ant-Man?  I don't know that this Scott Lang fella actually existed in the comics...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Interesting find.... This old post LOL. Amazing what 10y and a franchise can do.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on September 07, 2005, 09:05:02 AM
Hmmm other than Captain America, not one in there I would be interested in.  What happened to Ghost Rider?  Is that one even ever coming out?

AHHAH. So is Ghost Rider still your favourite? :D
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Old thread is old!

I didn't think we still had stuff from 2005! Man, I would have been working at Sierra for just a couple of months at this point

WOW
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

This thread was older than the child I took to see Ant-Man.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful