Toei Japanese Spideman

Started by Lazybones, January 22, 2006, 05:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/40930/

OK I have seen the old northamerican live action shows, but watching this you just have to go Hmmmm.

Almost as if they turned Spiderman into Voltron / Powerrangers.  Funny stuff.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tonnica

Hah! It's always a good sign when the first episode of a show uses recycles scenes, I'm sure! Also: the subtitles they put onto the opening and ending were a riot "Toei's special effects budget ran out by episode 5!". :P

There's... A whole lot of scampering in this show. And yet still it really reminds me of Kamen Rider (what with the getting sweet, sweet, sweet speed on a motorbike).

After the guy becomes Spiderman and you see that shot of the monster and the guy riding around in the car take a close look. Doesn't that monster looks like a Ninja Turtle?

An intersting fact (or fack depending on how you take it):

The "Love Love" DVD produced by the M.O.E group which was going to be used to take over the Earth is an awful Japanese pun. It essentially boils down to "Love Love by Love". The word "moe" is generally used in reference to something someone really adores like for Mr. A it'd be moe-biru (he really likes beer!). Moe can also refer to the type of saccharinely adorable girl used to sell a manga series. The most infamous use of the word moe being the title of the book series Moetan which teaches how to write in Japanese and English such pun-y phrases only an otaku would get like "Gather: Every time the seven balls are gathered, he comes alive." (think Dragonball).

Zapata Prime

That was like a bad car wreck! I wanted to look away but I couldn't!!!
If there is one thing that Mahatma Gandhi stands for its REVENGE!!

Mr. Analog

Someone just had to mention Kamen-Rider didn't they... they made a LAME bat-man, how do you even do that? Oh. Wait. Nevermind...

By Grabthar's Hammer