Orginal Doom on X360

Started by Melbosa, September 27, 2006, 12:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/735/735691p1.html

Doom Hitting Xbox Live Arcade Later Today

The Grudge 2
September 27, 2006 - Microsoft just announced at X06 that Xbox Live members will be able to download a faithful port of Doom on Arcade later today.

I'll update this space with pricing as soon as it's available.

Update: Hey, wadaya know? It's live already and includes the original four-episode, single-player game, four-player split screen (cooperative and deathmatch) and four-player cooperative and deathmatch over Xbox Live. The cost? 800 points.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

As a /. user pointed out;
QuoteDoom costs 800 points.. that's 10 dollars for those of us who don't remember the conversion.

Is original Doom worth a $10 (USD) download?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

4 player co-op of doom over xbox live.  hmmm.  sounds fun, but is it?

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 27, 2006, 01:11:34 PM
As a /. user pointed out;
QuoteDoom costs 800 points.. that's 10 dollars for those of us who don't remember the conversion.

Is original Doom worth a $10 (USD) download?

Not sure, 4 player co-op doom might be... meh, the option is there, which is some of the appeal of xbox live.  Those who it is worth it for, its available.  Means the service isn't stale, its still moving.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

Not stale by any means.  Its the ultimate platform for the indie developer.  Less then $300K for developing a title, and the Microsoft take is a very low 25%, this could be the platform of the future.  I recall reading something like 80 original arcade games in the works?  Thats a lot of gaming to be had if even 50% of those actually make it to the showroom floor.

The example given is marble madness which according to top360tag has made roughly 246,418,400 Points converted to $ is $3,080,230.  10x return on investment for an original title in the $300K budget range (is what the development team said it costed about).  Outpost Kaloki X has made roughly 75,434,400 Points converted to $ is $942,930

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Shayne on September 27, 2006, 06:54:58 PM
Less then $300K for developing a title, and the Microsoft take is a very low 25%, this could be the platform of the future.  I recall reading something like 80 original arcade games in the works?  Thats a lot of gaming to be had if even 50% of those actually make it to the showroom floor.

Outpost Kaloki X has made roughly 75,434,400 Points converted to $ is $942,930

Q: wtf is opkx?
A: http://www.google.com/search?q=Outpost+Kaloki+X (esp. this detailed review)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Shayne on September 28, 2006, 07:22:40 AM
Gamespot.com gave it 7.1, and averaging 79% on Gamerankings.com

Doom? Or the "Outpost..." game? ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.