The Forbidden Kingdom Movie - Trailer

Started by Melbosa, March 10, 2008, 10:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/forbiddenkingdom/trailer2a/

Well, I thought both Jackie and Jet had retired from Movies... guess I miss read both of those.  Now the two in the same movie... how kewl is that!!?!?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

The trailer and teaser make it look good.  Jackie Chan appears to take on a more serious role.  Jet Li appears to be the typical stoic type.  More than that, though, based on what they showed in the teaser and trailer the plot's not too bad.  Except for the 21st-century teenager having to go back in time, or some-such.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

the "teaser" looks a bit too silly and Disney-ish... but the theatrical trailer is far more impressive and serious, perhaps even inspiring. Plus the mysterious assassin chick looks kinda hot.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tonnica

Now, I'll start off with what I'm not saying:
I'm not saying the colour of your skin determines whether or not you can be good at martial arts or a quick learner.
I'm not saying that I don't like the idea of Jet Li and Jackie Chan together in a movie (nuts and gum, together at last!).
I'm not saying I don't like martial arts movies with comedy (Shaolin Soccer!!!).

What I am saying is the plot comes off like some self-insert fanfiction of the Journey to the West novel adapted as a screenplay. You have no kung-fu indeed, gawky American teen #37654.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tonnica on March 11, 2008, 04:15:39 PM
Now, I'll start off with what I'm not saying:
I'm not saying the colour of your skin determines whether or not you can be good at martial arts or a quick learner.
I'm not saying that I don't like the idea of Jet Li and Jackie Chan together in a movie (nuts and gum, together at last!).
I'm not saying I don't like martial arts movies with comedy (Shaolin Soccer!!!).

What I am saying is the plot comes off like some self-insert fanfiction of the Journey to the West novel adapted as a screenplay. You have no kung-fu indeed, gawky American teen #37654.

Yeah, and difficult for GAT#37654 to come across as convincingly humble and inpect when he played a day-saving superhero in his previous film role... ;)

Thorin

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 12, 2008, 01:42:22 PM
Yeah, and difficult for GAT#37654 to come across as convincingly humble and inpect when he played a day-saving superhero in his previous film role... ;)

"inpect"
Win32.Inpect.10
Characteristics
Category: Encryption Tool
Also known as: Backdoor.Optix.Pro.11 [Kaspersky], Backdoor.SdBot.gen [Kaspersky], MultiDropper-BU [McAfee], probably unknown CRYPT.WIN32 virus [Eset]
http://ca.com/us/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453089979

That's not what you meant by "inpect", is it? :P

Thanks for the link to the movie Sky High, by the way.  I completely missed that one, but it sounds like something the kids might actually like.  Hah, and the Parents Guide makes it sound harmless!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on March 12, 2008, 02:27:23 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 12, 2008, 01:42:22 PM

"inpect"
Win32.Inpect.10
Characteristics
Category: Encryption Tool
Also known as: Backdoor.Optix.Pro.11 [Kaspersky], Backdoor.SdBot.gen [Kaspersky], MultiDropper-BU [McAfee], probably unknown CRYPT.WIN32 virus [Eset]
http://ca.com/us/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453089979

ROFL Ironically it was the word "inept" that I meant to type, I guess the "pect" combinations of keys are WAAAY more common (expect, inspect, etc.) so my brain didn't notice what my fingers did and moved on to the next thought...

What were we talking about again?

this image has Kurt Russell playing the Jet Li role ;)

Quote from: Thorin on March 12, 2008, 02:27:23 PM
Thanks for the link to the movie Sky High, by the way.  I completely missed that one, but it sounds like something the kids might actually like.  Hah, and the Parents Guide makes it sound harmless!
Yeah, I saw it in the cheapie theatres with my kids, a "safe" family movie with a relatively unpredictable storyline so the adults aren't completely bored watching it (plus seeing rubberface KITH'er Kevin MacDonald with a big brain is alone worth the cost of rental). Last month we actually rented again, suprisingly re-watchable too (apparently unlike the similarly-themed Tim Allen film)

Darren Dirt

whereas this is certainly not as family-friendly... Sadly, direct to DVD instead of in theatres, by the look of it.

Mr. Analog

As I said to Thorin yesterday I would watch this move if there was character role reversal.

Jet Li being the nutty goof and Jackie Chan being the quiet stoic guy.

I'm amazed Chan can still move given his age and how much of his body must be robot parts (by now).
By Grabthar's Hammer