Ms. Fawcett and Mr. Jackson in the same day...

Started by Darren Dirt, June 25, 2009, 04:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

...who will be the third?

:sigh: ah, simpler times...

back when Michael was still black, and Alfonso hadn't yet become the butt of Will Smith's every joke... Although really, considering this I think he deserved it.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

HandsomeDevil

I'd say Ed McMahon was the first of the trifecta. The cycle of 3 is complete...

Darren Dirt

So now we've got Dennis Hopper and Gary Coleman. Who is number three? :( (ps: I don't think a 97-year old counts, though -- sorry but not as much impact on our generation, imo)

update: wtf am I thinking!? *facepalm*, DIO, obv. (sure it was on May 16th, but COME ON THIS IS RONNIE JAMES @%&#ING DIO  we're talking about ... I am so ashamed for not thinking of that)

Mr. Analog

That's another side effect of the Boomer generation, all these ridiculously popular media icons are all gonna pop around the same time.

So which is better? To burn out or fade away?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 31, 2010, 05:45:29 AM
So which is better? To burn out or fade away?

Joss Whedon gave one of his shows a final episode with a particular title...

Darren Dirt

Betty White is now officially the last remaining Golden Girl still alive ... and she's not "fading", she's really been showing off her comedic chops the last few years in TV guest spots.

Rue's name not on this list yet -- but just checked out the Wikipedia for Betty White today, June 3rd -- some jerk changed it to say "Betty Marion White (January 17, 1922 - June 4, 2010)..." and I mentioned it in the Discussion section about 3 minutes ago. It's fixed now (yay, Wikipedia!) but geez c'mon people  ::)