Main Menu

Inception....

Started by Lazybones, September 20, 2010, 06:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Saw it on the weekend and was pleasantly surprised...

Anyone else here seen it? I thought given the premise of the movie they really held it all together with out getting too confusing.. however I have seen some people go WTF after seeing it...

Melbosa

Not yet, but have heard good things... just have huge problem with Leo's acting!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Melbosa on September 20, 2010, 07:03:12 PM
have huge problem with Leo's acting!

You haven't seen "The Departed" yet, have you? That pretty much cured me.

Sorta the same way that "The Butterfly Effect" made me no longer hate Ashton Kushter. And "Changing Lanes" for Ben Affleck. Still waiting for a Keanu Reeves film ;)

But Inception = Great Movie Experience, on all levels, in all elements. Leonardo plays an interesting, rich CHARACTER, and not just Leonardo (in contrast with, say, the funny-quirky Michael Cera, see this bang-on satire) ... And if you didn't aleady know Joseph Gordon Leavitt (from 3rd Rock From the Sun) = Excellent Actor, this movie demonstrates it plenty. Even Juno actress is very good in it.

Goes without saying the visuals + music = grand slam outta the park.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Tonnica saw it she thought it was pretty good.

I don't know if I want to see it, from what I hear some of the imagery is hard to look at.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 21, 2010, 03:52:48 AM

I don't know if I want to see it, from what I hear some of the imagery is hard to look at.

Well there are some Escher's Infinite Staircase type parts, world folding and zero G scenes.... I didn't find them that bad... it isn't like Transformers where the camera cuts so often that you can't see what is going on.. Most of the transitions are very smooth.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on September 21, 2010, 09:58:04 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 21, 2010, 03:52:48 AM

Well there are some Escher's Infinite Staircase type parts, world folding and zero G scenes.... I didn't find them that bad... it isn't like Transformers where the camera cuts so often that you can't see what is going on.. Most of the transitions are very smooth.

Well, that's pretty good. I just can't handle anything too jarring I guess.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 21, 2010, 12:51:46 PM
Well, that's pretty good. I just can't handle anything too jarring I guess.

I agree, too many movies nowadays are tough to watch on a big screen, esp. IMAX, due to the quick cuts, the BSGesque camerwork... I can't imagine what pain it woulda been watching "Quantum of Solace" in the theatres, it was bad enough (multiple meanings) on the small screen at home.

But Inception has less action sequences than the typical shootemup, most of which are shot pretty much traditional-style, at least pacing-wise (obviously zero-gee is not "traditional") and tbh it's not even as jarring as your average early-season "24" episode. It's really an "idea" movie with epic cinematography and not-over-the-top acting. Worth a Tuesday admission to see it in theatres, for sure.

Hell, spur of the moment, if you and anyone else want to see it, maybe tonight? I'm gonna be in the Belvedere area just before 6pm (buyin tix to see Jamie Kennedy @ Yuk Yuks) so maybe movie afterwards?

Mr. Analog

QoS was just... confusing. It was barely a Bond flick.

I'd be up for a movie tonight but I'm sick. Sick and tired :(
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 21, 2010, 03:17:58 PM
I'm sick. Sick and tired :(

I was too ... next week maybe.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Saw it today... was a good movie for sure, but I don't think it is 2010's Matrix.  It just didn't "WOW" me the way everyone said.  But then again, that could be the reason, all the peer hype.

Still was a good movie, and worth my time.  I'd see it again as well, despite Leo :P.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on December 19, 2010, 12:59:49 AM
Saw it today... was a good movie for sure, but I don't think it is 2010's Matrix.  It just didn't "WOW" me the way everyone said.  But then again, that could be the reason, all the peer hype.

Still was a good movie, and worth my time.  I'd see it again as well, despite Leo :P.

I liked it because of one thing only, the bit right at the end where the top keeps spinning and it throws doubt into the reality we're presented with. That's what made it Matrix worthy, that's what made it interesting.

Seeing the planning for the various layers unfold was interesting as well, sort of like thinking multi-dimensionally.

Personally, I hope that there is no planned sequels or franchise for this as it would ruin whatever goodness was in the film (much like the Matrix series).

Anyway, gots to see Tron one of these days...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I too would like to go see tron. I just don't like going to the theater alone. Makes me feel sad...
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 19, 2010, 04:34:14 AM
Quote from: Melbosa on December 19, 2010, 12:59:49 AM
Saw it today... was a good movie for sure, but I don't think it is 2010's Matrix.  It just didn't "WOW" me the way everyone said.  But then again, that could be the reason, all the peer hype.

Still was a good movie, and worth my time.  I'd see it again as well, despite Leo :P.

I liked it because of one thing only, the bit right at the end where the top keeps spinning and it throws doubt into the reality we're presented with. That's what made it Matrix worthy, that's what made it interesting.

Seeing the planning for the various layers unfold was interesting as well, sort of like thinking multi-dimensionally.

Personally, I hope that there is no planned sequels or franchise for this as it would ruin whatever goodness was in the film (much like the Matrix series).

http://inmovies.ca/Galleries/Articles/Gallery_bestof2010.htm?feedname=INMOVIES_BESTOF2010&pos=2&nolookup=true

Darren Dirt