Winnipeg Jets - Flying W???

Started by Melbosa, March 15, 2012, 08:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So I know you have heard of the Flying V from the Mighty Ducks movies, but have you seen an actual NHL Flying W?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/03/02/winnipeg_jets_flying_w/

Seeing this live was just a gah! moment, but so nice to see in my life time and fitting for the team doing it!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Perhaps the Oilers should consider a letter-shaped formation, though polite conversation permits me from saying which letter (forbidden alphabet)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Thorin

Damn, no video of the actual play.

Also, the Oilers beat Columbus last night!  And they have 3 more wins than last year (or is that 4 now?)

But damn, it would've been nice to see the actual play rather than just get it described.

Oh, and the Flynig V, I have an easy answer to that, STAND IN THE WAY.  The offensive team has to go _around_ anyone standing their ground, and that'd break the V up immediately.  Man, that movie gets so many things wrong.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on March 15, 2012, 02:35:00 PM
Damn, no video of the actual play.

Also, the Oilers beat Columbus last night!  And they have 3 more wins than last year (or is that 4 now?)

But damn, it would've been nice to see the actual play rather than just get it described.

Oh, and the Flynig V, I have an easy answer to that, STAND IN THE WAY.  The offensive team has to go _around_ anyone standing their ground, and that'd break the V up immediately.  Man, that movie gets so many things wrong.

So the Vid I watch has the actual play, not a describe by analysts or anything... what vid do you get when you click the link? (it starts with an advertisement then the video plays)

Mr. Analog

Maybe they should think about getting Emilio Estevez as coach?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on March 15, 2012, 02:39:19 PM
So the Vid I watch has the actual play, not a describe by analysts or anything... what vid do you get when you click the link? (it starts with an advertisement then the video plays)

Oh, a video starts when you click that link?  Maybe that's what that big black block is at the start.  All I saw was the embedded video at the end for Mighty Ducks.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on March 15, 2012, 03:21:18 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on March 15, 2012, 02:39:19 PM

Oh, a video starts when you click that link?  Maybe that's what that big black block is at the start.  All I saw was the embedded video at the end for Mighty Ducks.

Sounds like you have some add-blocking stuff going on...

Thorin

Even disabling Flashblock doesn't get it to play.  Works in IE, though.

I HATE ADS
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

LOL works fine in native Chrome.............................................

Lazybones

Worked fine in FireFox for me as well...

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on March 15, 2012, 03:25:58 PM
Even disabling Flashblock doesn't get it to play.  Works in IE, though.

I HATE ADS

I've noticed a LOT of "news" sites seem to embed their video in really stupid ways, so somehow only IE seems to auto-play it... even without having your Flashblock plugins enabled in Chrome/FF. wtf, weirdness but they obviously don't have good web monkeys working on their sites in those cases :DIAGF:

Quote from: Thorin on March 15, 2012, 02:35:00 PM
the Oilers beat Columbus last night!  And they have 3 more wins than last year (or is that 4 now?)

Uh-oh ... don't they want to finish in last place to help with the draft again this year?

Geez, the Oilers even suck at LOSING!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

No Montreal sucks at being exactly in the middle, out of playoff contention and no trade bonuses.

But seriously how long have we been "rebuilding", I don't buy that horse puckey anymore. We need to develop the players we have and climb the damn ladder.

Personally I'll be glad when Wednesday, April 4th comes...
By Grabthar's Hammer