Toilets are tested with standardized test poop.

Started by Lazybones, April 27, 2012, 01:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

Makes me wonder how they used to test it.

Actually makes me not want to wonder that.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on April 27, 2012, 01:41:39 PM
WTF

Some things are best left unknown.

Like the fact they had to increase the minimum standard for how much must flush or that they make a reusable version?

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on April 27, 2012, 01:41:39 PM
WTF

Some things are best left unknown.

I OBJECT! It's nice to know how STUPID their sciencing is.

The study identified that 250g was the average maximum faecal size of the male participants in the study.
Yes folks you read that right ... AVERAGE. They are making the thing work for "average" size/mass/volume/whatever ... not considering the times you really need the thing to "just work" = when your pool-kid-dropping experience is well above "average"!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 27, 2012, 01:47:10 PM
The study identified that 250g was the average maximum faecal size of the male participants in the study.
Yes folks you read that right ... AVERAGE. They are making the thing work for "average" size/mass/volume/whatever ... not considering the times you really need the thing to "just work" = when your pool-kid-dropping experience is well above "average"!

But

QuoteHowever, the US Environmental Protection Agency has adopted 350g of the soybean paste as the minimum performance threshold for "high efficiency"

Since the team started testing toilets in 2003, the average score of tested toilets has moved form around 350g to more than 675g.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on April 27, 2012, 01:54:12 PM
Since the team started testing toilets in 2003, the average score of tested toilets has moved form around 350g to more than 675g.

Still not enough -- some people regularly eat lotsa steak, Mexican food... LITTLE CAESARS PIZZA!

Thorin

Okay, one of the problems with this testing technique is it does not take into account variability of length of the feces.

Hey, if I'm gonna start thinking about this, I'm going to start throwing numbers and use my cheese-based powers.

Also, the original article talks about a toilet having to clear the bowl in two or three flushes.  At my house, if the bowl doesn't clear after the first flush then flushing it again will flood the bathroom.  And that's not the kind of water I want wetting the floor in the bathroom.  It better clear after one flush, or else it's plungerin' time!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on April 27, 2012, 02:15:55 PM
Okay, one of the problems with this testing technique is it does not take into account variability of length of the feces.

I've noticed since the last 2 weeks as I've done the morning Metamucil teaspoon that ^ that ^ has definitely changed. So yeah I think the testing should cover both weight/mass as well as volume!

Lazybones

Con grats everyone we now have a new smiley :tmi: who joins :what: and :wtf: in this thread.

Thorin

But you started it!  Your link even has the word poop in it!  And we're still discussing the merits of their testing techniques!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Darren are you up to the whole 3x a day? I made it to 2x but I usually forget at lunch...

hahahahaha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 28, 2012, 07:56:13 AM
Darren are you up to the whole 3x a day? I made it to 2x but I usually forget at lunch...

hahahahaha

Are you talkin' 'bout INput (Metamucil) or OUTput (...) ?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 29, 2012, 03:40:48 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 28, 2012, 07:56:13 AM

hahahahaha

Are you talkin' 'bout INput (Metamucil) or OUTput (...) ?

Input. I went on it to try to lower cholesterol...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

One teaspoon in my juice every morning (i got the flavorless stuff since I usually have juice every morning normally) and never got to 2 or 3  periodic doses, the stuff has helped enough for my IBS/colitis-like symptoms and tbh now I am more dehydrated than ever before so gotta drink alot of extra water every day.

That's my basic oldmanmeds routine, along with popping a Quercetin tablet for hay fever (been doing that about 3 weeks, years ago I looked for a cheaper herbal alternative to expensive Big Pharma  hay fever 'symptom relievers' and Q works great, now my body is stabilizing itself as a result so now most mornings i've got virtually no sneezing or runny nose, by June I will likely stop taking Q completely and be fine, the $30 for 120 capsules well spent yay!)