Returning stuff to Staples

Started by Mr. Analog, April 30, 2012, 01:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So... I bought a new office chair on Saturday as my existing one is disintegrating at a fantastic rate after 5 years of punishment and after trying to get comfortable in it for a day and a half decided that this new chair doesn't cut the mustard.

WELL in order to return it you have to disassemble it, put everything back in the bags and reseal the box. Talk about an impossible task! Anyway, in a fit of fevered rage I managed to get it all taken apart this morning and we'll see if Staples return policy is as "Easy" as they say (I am not putting this bitch back together).

I should have known better and just bought an identical replacement off the website but like a fool I went into the store and had to settle for what I thought was a decent alternative.

Very annoying...

TO BE CONTINUED
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Good luck... our thoughts and prayers are with you. ;)
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

My current home office chair is a office chair designated to be toss out at work because they downsized the number of floors..

It is probably a $1300 chair, identical to the one I normally use at work and have had not issues with for 5+ years....

I have blown through 2 or 3 $99-$150 Staples chairs at home over the years, most lasting only about 2 years.

Mr. Analog

My current chair is this:
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=73%2C76%2C3935,3937&webid=482191&affixedcode=WW

I've had it for 5 years and it was only a few months ago that it started showing signs of wear.

The chair I bought was:
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=73%2C76%2C3935,3936&webid=863911&affixedcode=WW

The main problems are it leans forward when flat, the back is solid and uncomfortable and the arm rests aren't adjustable (and by default are too low).

The funny thing is why I tried it in store it seemed comfortable, so I don't know what the difference is (shoes?)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

For some reason my kids really like picking apart the padding on the padded armrests.  So I try to buy inexpensive chairs that are still pretty comfortable, as I _know_ I'll have to replace the chair when the armrests are unusable.

Same thing has happened to the keyboard trays on the last couple of desks :(
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

My current chair is this: http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=73%2C76%2C3935,3936&webid=327717&affixedcode=WW

I got it a few months ago, just after I started work. Totally worth it. Though I got it on sale for $150. So it's been /very/ worth it. Leather, high back, adjustable everything, and memory foam.

It's awesome.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I'm impressed, they took the chair back no problem, got my money back with no hassle!

I ordered a replacement yesterday, it got here about 20 min ago and I'm sitting on it now. FREE NEXT DAY SHIPPING!

I'm really surprised how easy this was, I don't know why I expected it to be difficult...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

... previous life experience?

Glad to hear Staples treated you as a customer well.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mags

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 08, 2012, 03:59:03 PM
I'm impressed, they took the chair back no problem, got my money back with no hassle!

I ordered a replacement yesterday, it got here about 20 min ago and I'm sitting on it now. FREE NEXT DAY SHIPPING!

I'm really surprised how easy this was, I don't know why I expected it to be difficult...

Course you did have to put it back together in the box, which was crazy.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Mags on May 09, 2012, 11:29:24 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 08, 2012, 03:59:03 PM

Course you did have to put it back together in the box, which was crazy.

That's for sure, putting together chair? Easy

Taking chair apart? WAT!
By Grabthar's Hammer