The Cinematic Timeline leading up to Avengers

Started by Melbosa, May 18, 2012, 10:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

I've watched Thor and Hulk in the last week, and plan to re-watch Iron Man 2 to catch more of the S.H.I.E.L.D. references, and then Captain America, so that finally I can go see The Avengers :)  Quite a few of the items on that chart I've seen recently.  I didn't realize how close a lot of these events happened, though.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Captain America is a fun movie, and it was directed by the same guy who did the Rocketeer!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on May 18, 2012, 12:01:44 PM
I didn't realize how close a lot of these events happened, though.

I'm curious how "Nick Fury's big WEEK" can be decided as all happening within an actual week -- was there something in Ironman 2 that made reference to this? Or in a canonical comic source or similar?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

You really can't compare the comics in this case, in the Marvel universe it's quite common for stories to run parallel but be different.

DC makes the mistake of trying to have everything in one big universe, which has lead to 3 major series of retcons

EDIT: Also, check Day 3
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 18, 2012, 01:12:26 PM
Quote from: Thorin on May 18, 2012, 12:01:44 PM
I didn't realize how close a lot of these events happened, though.

I'm curious how "Nick Fury's big WEEK" can be decided as all happening within an actual week -- was there something in Ironman 2 that made reference to this? Or in a canonical comic source or similar?

Nick Fury's Big Week is him putting together the Avengers from the cameos at the end of the movies.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Melbosa on May 18, 2012, 01:17:48 PM
Nick Fury's Big Week is him putting together the Avengers from the cameos at the end of the movies.

But what I am saying is, the timeline in OP seems to imply that ALL of those "visits" to the various heroes = happened within a span of 168 hours. True or false? And if true, [citation needed].

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Thx, to be fair someone had linked to it before (on tumblr I think), still, pretty rad
By Grabthar's Hammer