Cave Crawl II: Electric Boogaloo

Started by Mr. Analog, September 13, 2012, 03:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 24, 2012, 02:25:56 AM
Mr. Analog, I've put almost 22 stacks of brick blocks in one of the chests at the Taj Moo Hal.  Hopefully that's enough to build some post offices :)  I suppose we still need to figure out the actual look and layout of said post offices, though.

Holey Moley! Okay, well, I'll jump into creative and come up with a few examples and then we can decide what they will look like.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

What can I say, I like to gather materiel just like a squirrel likes to gather acorns :)  22 stacks of brick blocks is 88 stacks of bricks is 88 stacks of clay plus 11 stacks of coal...  Okay, I did a little mining as well.

I'm looking forward to your suggested builds.  I'm thinking flat-top sunken roof, tall windows, rectangular, iron doors, gravel front path?

You're gonna make some ender chests, right?  Anything you need for that?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Cool, well I have lots of obsidian left over still and plenty of eye of ender.

I can stockpile 'em for everyone!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

k, I have 13 ender chests made now, I can probably make more later.

Also, take a looky at the new castle walls at Taj Moo Hal

http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1498/64/-353/-1/0/0

I guess we better come up with a name for this Fortress, especially if we Team up to build more.

Yep, some kinda Team Fortress... ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

It's the second fortress for our team, Team Fortress 2, that's gonna have you busy for weeks on end...

So do you have a design for the post office?

Tom, any chance you could add in the EnderStorage mod?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on October 24, 2012, 11:22:06 PM
It's the second fortress for our team, Team Fortress 2, that's gonna have you busy for weeks on end...

So do you have a design for the post office?

I don't mind. But we'll have to make sure everyone is up to date, as it requires client side support as well.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

LOL

Quote from: Thorin on October 24, 2012, 11:22:06 PMSo do you have a design for the post office?

Actually I didn't, once I finished doing the walls and stuff I was really tired. I basically started playing around 5:30 and didn't stop until after 9 (didn't even have dinner)

Quote from: Tom on October 25, 2012, 01:08:51 AM
I don't mind. But we'll have to make sure everyone is up to date, as it requires client side support as well.

On closer inspection it appears as though EnderStorage mod might be falling off? All I could find was the original thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1160665-closed-quiddity-modding/

It's a real shame since, well, you could share teleporting storage!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 25, 2012, 03:35:16 AM

LOL

Quote from: Thorin on October 24, 2012, 11:22:06 PMSo do you have a design for the post office?

Actually I didn't, once I finished doing the walls and stuff I was really tired. I basically started playing around 5:30 and didn't stop until after 9 (didn't even have dinner)

Quote from: Tom on October 25, 2012, 01:08:51 AM

On closer inspection it appears as though EnderStorage mod might be falling off? All I could find was the original thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1160665-closed-quiddity-modding/

It's a real shame since, well, you could share teleporting storage!!
As far as I know its still being maintained. Chickenbones took complete control of it when he and Ecu split (ecu wasn't the programmer anyhow...). If the name chicken bones sounds familiar, its because he's the man behind NEI and Wireless Redstone.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Ahh, cool.

Well if it's not too much hassle for people to install I say go for it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So nice work on the fortress towers and walls!  Now for the interior, I'm imagining a square Lord's Keep in the northeast section, probably right on this hill: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1534/64/-363/max/0/0, then maybe an inner wall separating the Lord's Keep from the rest of the fortress, then some buildings and a market / parade square, and last but not least some gravel paths leading out into the wilderness.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Ooh, what style do you want to go for?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Style for the post office, or style for the Lord's Keep?  Or the buildings inside the fortress but outside the Lord's Keep area?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

...the keep?

Also for reference the watchtower I added on the southeast part of the wall is ~30 meters high, so the centre buildings will look good around 60+ meters high
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I lit up the interior of the fortress with torches so there shouldn't be anything spawning inside anymore.  I also removed all of the tall grass and flowers, I don't like tall grass and flowers.  Time to hit the hay for a 5am wake-up.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

I started diggin' a moat around the outer wall.  I'm going to smooth out the countryside a bit so that it gently slopes down to where the water will be.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful