Dell XPS 13 (2015)

Started by Mr. Analog, May 01, 2015, 10:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So I bought a new ultrabook last night, the 2015 (New) Dell XPS 13

It's an amazingly powerful ultrabook, great keyboard, great screen, tons of power.

I've had a tablet for just over 5 years and it's starting to have issues and while looking for a more powerful replacement that could potentially double as a development platform AND fill the gap of having a lightweight portable with high-end capabilities I can travel with... well this fit perfectly for me. Luckily for me one of my co-workers has one and brought it into the office yesterday, the only thing holding me back from buying it before was that I wanted a hands on to see what the screen was like and how good the keyboard was (was also thinking of a Surface Pro 3 but the keyboard is very flimsy on it) anyway, I was really impressed with it in my hands, so it was more or less a done deal by the time I got home. :)

Oddly enough it was on sale when I looked at it after work yesterday so I got $200 off, I ended up buying some accessories to go with it with the "saved" money.

I'm quite excited to get it in my hands now :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I was tempted, especially since it's also their linux developer box thing. But the price was always a big issue for me. If I'm going to spend $1500+ on a laptop, I'm getting a high end thinkpad kthx.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

You can also get a non touchscreen version which is a lot cheaper
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'm going to run this 15" w530 into the ground, then buy a new laptop ;) I'm going onto my third keyboard soon :o (been dealing with a broken V key for weeks now... just haven't bothered to call them, a usb issue i have to look into again too, occasionally plugging in a usb device will cause my mouse to stop responding :o).

This thing is 2+ years old now, and still quite strong :D I specced it to last me 4+ years :)

Thorin

The non-touchscreen version also has lower processors...

Nice laptop, I'm sure it's quite light, Apple-priced, though.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

My new compooter comes today

I am excite
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I remember something happening the day/evening you got your computer, I've totally forgotten what it was now :o

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 19, 2015, 11:20:58 AM
I remember something happening the day/evening you got your computer, I've totally forgotten what it was now :o

Well, it's coming today, I confirmed with Purolator, or did you mean a different computer?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 19, 2015, 11:31:29 AM

Well, it's coming today, I confirmed with Purolator, or did you mean a different computer?
No, I remember another thread where we were talking about doing something, but that your computer was comming that day, so it may/not happen... Can't remember at all what that was now. lol.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 19, 2015, 11:38:51 AM

No, I remember another thread where we were talking about doing something, but that your computer was comming that day, so it may/not happen... Can't remember at all what that was now. lol.

OH YEAH

Okay, I was going to go to a company dinner with the CEO but the package was supposed to be delivered that day (after they had dropped it off when I was in the office. I had called them back and asked them to attempt delivery the NEXT day and they said they had arranged it but it didn't go through so I called them again the night it was supposed to come and this time got a confirmation number and it came the next day). The worst part was that it was all the ACCESSORIES not the actual laptop.

VASTLY FRUSTRATING
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 19, 2015, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: Tom on May 19, 2015, 11:38:51 AM

OH YEAH

Okay, I was going to go to a company dinner with the CEO but the package was supposed to be delivered that day (after they had dropped it off when I was in the office. I had called them back and asked them to attempt delivery the NEXT day and they said they had arranged it but it didn't go through so I called them again the night it was supposed to come and this time got a confirmation number and it came the next day). The worst part was that it was all the ACCESSORIES not the actual laptop.

VASTLY FRUSTRATING
Ow.

Thorin

Man, Purolator hates you, hey?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Apparently!

Anyway I just got my new machine WOOOH
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!